It's about time I posted some pics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisN

ChrisN

It's been a while since I posted pics, so here goes:

Here's a pen I made to trade for some thin wood on another forum. It's a Black Ti Polaris, and the blank is as old as I am!
IMG_0848-resize.jpg

My first two custom twist pens. (Well, the first two that work correctly and look good:rolleyes:)
Both are made of Corian.
IMG_1245_v1-resize.jpg

A full-sized Gentleman's fountain pen with curly Koa. Wow, these things are big!
IMG_1252_v1-resize.jpg

A Panache pen. I'm not sure what kind of wood is on it, but it smelled good while turning it:).
clear.png
I gave this guy a matte finish by using steel wool on the CA.
IMG_1277_v1-resize.jpg IMG_1296_v1-resize.jpg

Walnut on a Black Ti/Ti Gold cigar
IMG_1280_v1-resize.jpg

This one's a black Ti clicker with a blank from Jonathan Brooks. It's quite impressive!
IMG_1283_v1-resize.jpg

Here's my Hymark. I'm not sure what wood I used on it, but the scent was quite... peculiar.
clear.png

IMG_1285_v1-resize.jpg

This one's a Black Ti/Ti Gold Cigar pen. This has a spalted oak blank on it that I got off of ebay. I soaked the finish turned barrels in BLO for a day, and let them dry for two days. I then coated the barrels with CA and polished them.
IMG_1306_v1-resize.jpg IMG_1307_v1-resize.jpg

And last but not least, a Black Ti/Platinum Cigar with some FBE on it. This stuff is a pain to turn! I soaked it with thin CA when I got close to the bushings, turned the CA off and turned the barrels down a bit. I repeated this until I was close enough to sand the rest of the way. A sharp skew helps, too.
IMG_1314_v1-resize.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fishinbo

What beautiful set of pens! Like the variety of blanks and kits and they all fit well. Like most the last one, love the red streaks on the box elder. Great job!

Top Bottom