Italian Alabaster Resin on Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Robert111

Robert111

I love this acrylic (carried by both Exotic and IPD)! The pictures do not do it justice. The gray lines are actually clear right through the wall of the pen. This material is light as a feather--my scale says 15 grams for the complete pen with converter.

Comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 016.jpg
    Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 016.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 001.jpg
    Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 001.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 005.jpg
    Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 005.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 007.jpg
    Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 007.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 010.jpg
    Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 010.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 003.jpg
    Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 003.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 018.jpg
    Kitless #6 Alabaster Resin 018.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

It's a beauty Robert! I've got a few rods of that stuff and haven't turned any yet. Looks like it's something I need to turn into really soon!

IPD_Mr

Robert I will give you my "opinion" as it is not a critique but rather things that I would do as a matter of personal choice, not that it would be right or wrong. First I have to say that this is one of the few designs where I like the section being made of the same material as the body. The contrast of the clip to the cap is stunning and I think it would be nice if it was carried to the body as well. For me that could be done with a finial of brass and making a cabochon of the barrel material to set into it. I could also see a brass ring between the body and the section.

mrcook4570

That is a stunner! Well done.

If I were to make any changes, they would be to make the cap postable and add metal trim rings for support at the threaded end of the cap (I don't trust the end to not crack through the repeated stress of screwing and unscrewing).

wizard

Robert, That's beautiful !!! It has striking regal appearance to it and the Empire clip really gives it the distinct vintage look. Very retro! Great job! Doc

Robert111

Robert I will give you my "opinion" as it is not a critique but rather things that I would do as a matter of personal choice, not that it would be right or wrong. First I have to say that this is one of the few designs where I like the section being made of the same material as the body. The contrast of the clip to the cap is stunning and I think it would be nice if it was carried to the body as well. For me that could be done with a finial of brass and making a cabochon of the barrel material to set into it. I could also see a brass ring between the body and the section.

Mike, your ideas are appreciated and I think right on the mark . A gold or brass element in a lower finial would repeat and emphasize the retro clip and balance the design perfectly. Thanks!

Top Bottom