Italian "ice" FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gwilki

gwilki

Previously, I posted a modified kit pen in this material. This pen is not kit-based. The only brass in it is a 1" piece in the barrel, into which the nib and section screw.

Total weight with the converter in it is just less than 18 gm. Overall length closed is 5.25", the cap is 2.1 and the barrel is 5. Posted the length is 6.25 - a bit long, I think. The cap is a click fit and does post, although I believe the barrel needs some work to allow the cap to post more securely.

The nib is a fine Mutschler - steel with gold plating, and marked "Reform, Germany". The clip is a rolling ball.

Your comments are welcome.

2008418211039_open%201.jpg

2008418211055_capped%201.jpg

2008418211111_posted%201.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Does DAMN count as a comment?? man that is a killer fountain pen, I cant tell whether the cap is threaded or is a friction fit on the nib end, More details on this pen PLEASE. it doesn't appear to be threaded at the nib end of the barrel, is there a slight bead that allows the cap to be snapped in place?? Oh by the way NICE PEN [:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

kirkfranks

Gerat one Grant.
Have you tried any of these Mutschler nibs yet?

Can you provide any details on the clip too.
Looks like it has a rolling ball at the end?

alamocdc

That is a fine looking pen, Grant. I started one tonight using Schmidt parts, but I actually think I like the look of the Mutschler parts better.[^] Heheheh, I even got the same clips. ;)

gwilki

Thanks much to you all.

Ken: The cap is a snap fit. There is a flexible plastic liner in the cap that has ridges in it that snap over the nib section and keep everything dry. It also grips the end of the barrel when the cap is posted.

Kirk: This is my 4th using the Mutschler parts, and I'm really happy with the way the nibs write. Good up, down, and oblique strokes. I favour a fine nib, so these really suit me. Others may prefer putting more ink down.

gwilki

Perry: I'm with you on wood. But, the few that I can sell at all are plastic of some sort. I don't sell many, and maybe I need to find the proper venue for wood. I've done a couple of rosewood burl that I thought were knock-outs, but they didn't seem to catch people's eye.

John: I told a buddy on another forum that, even though I thrive on rejection, I'm not ready for the Guild pink slip just yet. Gettin' there, though. :)

gerryr

Very nice work, indeed. I would recommend you give very serious consideration to applying to the PMG. You're doing great work.

Top Bottom