Ironwood and Antler almost kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I have a moved ahead in my pen making skills today. This is my almost kitless pen. I did use the tubes, transmission and refill. Not sure how it is supposed to be labeled. I used desert Ironwood, Whitetail Antler and black/red/black pick guard material. Comments and Critiques are welcome and thanks for looking.
customantler011.jpg

customantler012.jpg

customantler009.jpg

customantler007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Of course my wife claimed it even before I was finished with it. Said it is exactly what she wanted. Funny she never mentioned wanting a pen like this.

Jjartwood

Most wives are our greatest critics,if she wants the pen than there is nothing more that I could add, except you do great work
Mark

Jim Burr

Banned
Since you can't see the tubes...kitless!!! And I really like the fact it held together with all the different parts...that wasn't easy!

firewhatfire

I was not gonna use antler for anything but practice and the ironwood was a scrap piece. It wasn't until I had turned the bottom that I realized it was gonna look decent. I wasn't even gonna put finish on it. As I was practicing but then it started looking good.

BSea

That's a great looking pen. Just because you used tubes, tranny & refill doesn't mean it isn't kitless. I've never seen a kit with a desert ironwood nib.:wink:

frank123

Since you're not likely to make your own transmission or refill and the tubes can be obtained outside of a kit, I'd call it kitless.

You could easily duplicate it without purchasing a kit.

PaulDoug

I think you really did a great "first kitless". That wood in the picture of the nib is absolutely beautiful. The addition of the pickguard is great. Nice work.

Top Bottom