Iron Bark Burl with Birdseyes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

Hey try and say that real fast 5 times----The wood is from the one and only----Nolan--you the man---Finding Iron Bark Burl is a treat in itself but to find some with birdeyes---yippeeeeeee
There are at least 50 eyes on this pen----I may have to keep it for myself---to late already has a price tag hanging on it.

2008514224218_ironone.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigShed

I'll say it is! I live in the middle of the Box/Ironbark forsts in Central Victoria and I have never seen a burl on an Ironbark tree. Didn't know they had burls on them.

Nice pen.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Gary that's beautiful ! Good job by you and Nolan . An Aussie friend here said he would bring some IB back next trip home . I'm not holding my breath . [:eek:)] Thanks for the story behind this one .

Gary Max

I bought this from Nolan about a year ago---it's been cut and drying since then. I always let Burls dry slowly before I make any pens.

OKLAHOMAN

Gary, thats beautiful wood and pen, now for the best part, in going thru my blanks this past week-end I found 4 Iron Bark burl blanks you GAVE ME, I had no idea it was that rare, and NO you can't have it back.

Gary Max

Roy I am just glad you found them----I heard about the pile of blanks you have collected. For the rest of you folks---chase Nolan down ---he will sell you some--The few I have I am keeping.

BigShed

Originally posted by n4631x

Photos as promised...This is an example of what they look like. (sorry about bad photo and the wax)

Thanks for the photos Nolan, nothing wrong with them.

Looks like an interesting burl, but as there is no bark left on it a bit hard to tie it to an Ironbark.

Must go for a walk in the forest and see if I can find one;)

Top Bottom