An Irish Jr G-Man

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

I had some time to day so I used a piece of Irish Bog Oak I got from Mike, (Russianwolf) and a Rhodium Jr Gentleman and one of Lou's (DCBluesman's) Heritance Semiflex nibs and put it all together believe it or not this has 10 coats of thin CA which I've never done on IBO, but I got smart and wet sanded up to 800 then burnished it with an old Hopi Indian trick, to polish silver in the old days they used ash on deer hide to polish silver, It doesn't have the Plastickey look but has a nice soft sheen worthy of a 5000 year old piece of wood, and will hold up well to handling.
Comments,and critiques are welcome

Attachments

• IBO-JR-B1.jpg
    IBO-JR-B1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

simomatra

Excellent work Ken, beautiful. Thanks for the old indian trick. Another way is to make a slurry of corn flower and water and use the paste then polish with a clean lint free rag.

bitshird

Ken, when you do take the time to turn, you are spinning some nice stuff!! Old indian saying..." me wannum one"!:rolleyes:

Thanks Bob, I was caught up on tools for a couple of days, so I've been getting time to play with my reject, My wife accused me of screwing it up so I wouldn't sell it, Now I feel the same way about this pen, I looked at it in the daylight, the Photo is garbage, there's some beautiful but very subtle brown grain in it I cant get it to show inside or in my photo tent but in daylight it's even prettier.

Top Bottom