Irish Flag Polymer Clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wooden Affairs

OK, it is not the Irish flag but it is about the same colors. These colors were chosen by my wife. I made a cane for her and these are the scraps that have been extruded. After I made this blank I started reducing these canes smaller as my skill increases. These smaller canes are awesome. This one was a leftover from a wholesale lot. I did not pick it because it was the best it is just one from the crowd. I also have been experimenting with the finish. This one was wet sanded to 400 grit the sprayed with Deft. If the Deft will hold up this will be the way I go from here on. The glare from the shine can easily be seen in the picture. Also, after almost five years I have now turned a Sierra style component set.

Attachments

• Irishish.jpg
    Irishish.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 386
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerH

I am about to do my first polymer clay pen. What finish is typically used? I was about to use CA, and then thought I had better check with those that have done it before.

Thx

Roger

I am still working that out. I have had success with CA but on this one I used Deft spray finish. I only wet sanded to 600 grit. This pen literally took 5 min to make. I have no idea how the Deft will hold up but it looks better than my CA finish on my other PC pens.

Top Bottom