Irish bog oak - a St Patricks Day Special!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mik

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik

The Orchard, Milton Lane, Wookey Hole, Somerset, U
Hi all

Here's a nifty little number for the Irish in you! [8)]

2005316214258_peatbogoak.jpg

It is a special commission for the father (76yrs old) of a handmade greetings card craftsman. Paul live's in Ireland and thru out a challenge to make a pen in Irish peat bog oak - I put one of his little gold shamrocks on - Paul tod me later it made his Dad cry with joy!!

Thanks for viewing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by mik
<br />Hi all

Here's a nifty little number for the Irish in you! [8)]

2005316214258_peatbogoak.jpg
<br />

It is a special commission for the father (76yrs old) of a handmade greetings card craftsman. Paul live's in Ireland and thru out a challenge to make a pen in Irish peat bog oak - I put one of his little gold shamrocks on - Paul tod me later it made his Dad cry with joy!!

Thanks for viewing

Mike, I could handle the GOW with the base. This pen is just too much for my Irish soul to handle without enough coveting to likely damn me to purgatory for a thousand years! This is a truly awesome pen, and the Shamrock is the perfect accent. Fantastic work!

PenWorks

Nice touch Mik, I'm sure he will put that next to his Blarney Stone [;)]

I thought that's where all Irishmen went was to Purgatory [:D]

wdcav1952

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Nice touch Mik, I'm sure he will put that next to his Blarney Stone [;)]

I thought that's where all Irishmen went was to Purgatory [:D]

Yes that's right. They tried to send us to Hell, but it was full of Italians![}:)]

mik

The Orchard, Milton Lane, Wookey Hole, Somerset, U
Hi Bev

I have them hand made for me in Ireland, in bronze ($8.00), silver ($10.00), or gold ($14.00) . If you what some I will supply you at my cost plus shipping.

I must say they are exquisite, I have watched them being made an art in itself!!

They are very popular and certainly give - that added touch, which adds to the uniqueness of your craft.
If you want anything special made I will enquire and get a quote - email me if you want any?

Originally posted by Bev Polmanteer
<br />That's a GREAT pen and the Irish in me LOVES the shamrock! Where did you get the shamrock and do they have other symbols?

elody21

Wow, How did I miss this one! That looks really great! I love the "shamrock" My grandmother would have cried too!

wdcav1952

Great, I drooled my a** off over this pen in March and now you bring it up again! Awesome, isn't it? The bog oak available on Ebay is darker than this. I posted this one a week or so ago, and it shows the darkness I refer to.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7906

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom