Irish Bog Oak with Alabaster cross inset

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GoodTurns

GoodTurns

As many of you have seen, Lou is running an "Eagle Tribute" pen contest. Following is my entry...well short of the mark that others will hit, but it made me happy! I made a pen I didn't think I could make! Has some fixes to be done on the nib end finish, but I'm out of the shop for a couple of months and needed to post it NOW! I hope you like it. The Bog Oak is from a generous trade with RussianWolf, top notch stuff!

Irish Bog Oak with Alabaster cross inset

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I really love the pen and insert. you did a great job on the cross. you will need to teach me how you do that. I, although, would like to see you get a smoother finish on that pen. the wood would pop if it was.

Laurie

Daniel

Ah now look, you went and done the blank style I wanted to do. this design is truly my favorite Eagle design. You gave me better idea for mine now though. If I can figure out how to do it. Good job and I like the alabaster as the inlay.

jskeen

I gotta say I like the natural finish on the IBO. Some other woods, it might look like poor work, but it really makes that material stand out.

GoodTurns

The pen is actually glass smooth, just doesn't show in the pix. I finished it in plexi because I wasn't sure how the alabaster would react to lacquer, figured I would get the clearest finish with plastic!

Russianwolf

Hey Jon, I think I sent you the wrong blank. Tell you what, send that one back to me and I'll send you another to play with. :)

Very Nice. I think Eagle would like it.

I can't wait to get more of this oak. I'm down to 6 pieces in my shop.

Top Bottom