Irish Bog Oak.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wm460

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

The pen looks nicely done. However, I have found that I much prefer a friction polish followed by a Carnauba wax buff on bog oak. CA, etc. really fills in and hides the wonderful grain. With a friction polish, you can get a nice shine, but it still sort of feels like wood and the grain is clearly visible. Of course, that finish isn't as durable as plastic, so there is that to consider.

Regards,
Michael

DJBPenmaker

The pen looks nicely done. However, I have found that I much prefer a friction polish followed by a Carnauba wax buff on bog oak. CA, etc. really fills in and hides the wonderful grain. With a friction polish, you can get a nice shine, but it still sort of feels like wood and the grain is clearly visible. Of course, that finish isn't as durable as plastic, so there is that to consider.

Regards,
Michael
When I zoom in I can still clearly see the grain with this finish

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

robutacion

I haven't seen this thread when you posted it so sorry for my "late" reply...!

I forgot all about that blank but I reckon, you have done a great job with it, congrats.

You say that you haven't turned a pen for some time, what have you been turning..?

Guess what you are going to get the next time you come over..? this (post #53 and 58) :wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom