Irish Bog for Diane

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Yesterday I posted a Jet Onyx Lotus and Diane looked at it and said and I quote "Very nice but now make me one out of Irish Bog or have you forgotten how to turn and finish wood". Here are both for comparison. IBO on top, again all comments appreciated.

IMG_1605-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tell Diane it is always nice to have someone prompt you!!!

And, now YOU know, you haven't lost your touch!!

Great pens, both!!

Chief Hill

Roy I can't see the diffrence. You want to send them to me so I can compare them in person.

simomatra

Outstanding Roy, you definitely have not lost your touch with timber.Both are fabulous great fit and finish.

I have just received some of that timber so will have to see what I can come up with.

OKLAHOMAN

Phil, funny you mentioned that, when I finished turning and mixing a slurry, filled most of the grain with the slurry I used 320 grit arbinet, then MM'ed to 12000 and gave it 4 coats of thin CA. It had to me a nice semi gloss finish, but again the boss said "I told you that you've forgotten how to finish" so it stayed on the lathe and after 3 more coats thin ca and 6 coats med ca and MM after each coat from 3600 to 12000 she said "now that's better"....
Moral if Mama's happy everyone's happy!
Really like that bog oak with a glossy finish, as many leave a matte finish to it!

Nice work.
Phil

Top Bottom