Introducing the Chameleon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

fiferb

This pretty lady is a bit shy indoors and at night but you can still see the sparkle inside.

2008223144743_Ruby%20Slipper%20Indoors.jpg

But, take out in the sunshine and her true colors emerge!:D

2008223144849_Ruby%20Slipper%20in%20Sun.jpg

Yes, this is the same pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

Very nice looking pens! Bruce your first pen reminded of a question I have that maybe you can answer. Do they have glow in the dark resin for pens? My one daughter loves everthing that glows in the dark.

bitshird

Originally posted by Tanner

Very nice looking pens! Bruce your first pen reminded of a question I have that maybe you can answer. Do they have glow in the dark resin for pens? My one daughter loves everthing that glows in the dark.
you can get glow in the dark powder coating powder, it should still glow in the dark after mixing with PR,

fiferb

Originally posted by bitshird

Originally posted by Tanner

you can get glow in the dark powder coating powder, it should still glow in the dark after mixing with PR,
I really don't know, mine doesn't glow in the dark. Try what Ken said.

Thanks for all the comments everyone.:)

fiferb

OK, let me answer some more questions.

First/Firstly:D, Yes, this is the same pen in both pictures.

Andrew - no, I don't plan on selling these anytime soon. I have some issues to work out with my casting technique. Maybe in a few more months when I get better and I have more colors.

I'm not willing to share the material right now. I will say I painted the tubes and cast in clear PR. Perhaps in the future I'll be willing to divulge the specifics. Sorry.

Brewmeister35 - It does change color like a mood ring but is not heat sensitive.

Thanks again for all the comments. Hopefully I can show some other variations in the future.

Draken

If I had to guess, I'd say you used some of the "Reckless" nail polish from the Del-Sol store, they have all sorts of stuff which changes colors when exposed to UV light. Great looking pen (save for the issue you already know about) and a neat idea. May have to see if the wife has any of that... [}:)]

Tanner

Well, is it what James said "I'd say you used some of the "Reckless" nail polish from the Del-Sol store, they have all sorts of stuff which changes colors when exposed to UV light." Whatever you used Bruce it's pretty cool.

redfishsc

What none of you guys are noticing is WHERE this fellow lives. I am from South Carolina (Cha'son). EVERYTHING that is white indoors will *quickly* turn BRIGHT PINK or even lobster red after being outside for a short period of time. Lol, even this time of year.

BTW, very sweeeeet pen. I like the shape-- I bet the ladies go bonkers over it.

Top Bottom