International Penswap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
A little late , but man have I been thru alot ! These are some pens I received from BIG SHED ( Fred Brunings ) in Australia . We have , two Cigars . One is made from the bark of a Red Iron Bark tree , the bark can be 3 to 4 inches thick , and Fred tells me , it is tricky to turn , as the first attempt came apart , despite several coatings of thin CA for stabilizing . He dressed this one with Satin Silver hardware . Next , is Yellow Box with Satin Gold . These pens came with a beautiful display box . In addition to the box and pens , Fred included some of the most beautiful wood blanks I've seen , including two blanks of the Red Ironbark and Yellow Box which my pens were made from . In addition , there is Gray Box , Red Gum , Yellow Gum Burl . All of these are grown on Freds property . LUCKY GUY ! Thanks for looking !!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

That Red Iron Bark is awesome, great set of pens to be given in the swap, you really did score especially with the blanks being included. :)

Sweet trade! Nice pens, nice box and some blanks as well. Some guys have all the luck. If you don't have the necessary equipment you can send me the Red iron bark for stabilizing. No charge..... I'd hate to see you lose either of them while turning.

bitshird

Chuck, that red iron bark is wild, the yellow box is also very pretty, but you made out with quite a haul, this group of people have to be among the most generous folks on this planet, and you couldn't be a more deserving guy.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It was a pleasure to swap with Fred . And I agree , with you about my good fortune . Thanks for the offer Pat . I will consider that offer . The price IS RIGHT ! Thank you Ken for the kind compliment . I appreciate that .

Anyone who gets paired with BigShed in a swap of any sort is in for a real treat . I got mine . BTW , I've had to keep my Websters within reach , when I read his emails .

Thanks all for your remarks !

Top Bottom