Inspired by Dave Winters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gketell

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Dave posted about some really nice cutting boards he made. That inspired me to attempt an idea for a pen I've been wanting to make for a few years. It didn't quite come out like I envisioned it but it is nice none the less.

1_JacksPen-1.jpg

1_JacksPen-2.jpg

2_JacksPen-3.jpg

1_JacksPen-4.jpg

Curly Maple, Cocobolo, Ebony, and construction paper finished with CA mounted on a Black Titanium Sedona kit.

Thanks for the inspiration, Dave!
GK

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think it is great too, in fact I think I'm not the only one that will be making a 'Greg Ketell Inspired' pen soon:biggrin:

broitblat

I'm not sure how you envisioned it, but it came out great. I really like the contrasting woods and the way they are composed together.

-Barry

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Where to find construction paper

Any office supply store. Or anyplace that sells school supplies for the young grades (preschool, kinder, 1st, etc). It is just thick, rough paper usually used for cutting out and making pictures.

I used wood glue to glue up the layers of paper. Next time I will use epoxy dyed the color of the paper. If you look in the area just between the "eyes" in the first picture you can see where the paper ended up almost parallel to the side of the pen. In that area the lighter spots are the layers of glue showing up. Next time, black glue.

GK

That's a great looking pen Greg! My question is where does the construction paper come in?

Bob

Last edited:
Top Bottom