Insane cocobolo burl, puzzle, Jeff Powell's lunar chaos, acrylic and maple!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Here's the lastest pens! Please comment! :)

EDIT: Just added the lunar chaos pens! :)

Charles

Insanely eyed cocobolo burl in emperor jr

Puzzle full color in gentlemen jr

Acrylic in vertex

Acrylic in patriot

Made from a hardwood plank - maple birdeye in gentlemen

EDIT:

lunar chaos fountain and rollerball in gentlemen jr

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

barrysj

Beautiful! I gotta ask, how did you get those beautiful pics without any lint/prints/blemishes on the rhodium? Photoshop?

CharlesH

Shop towels to wipe all the marks and handling the pen by the woody part. :)

I don't think my pictures are that good, I got a point and shoot camera, it's all about using the outdoor light and taking many pictures in burst mode then hand picking the best of the gang! :)

Charles

Beautiful! I gotta ask, how did you get those beautiful pics without any lint/prints/blemishes on the rhodium? Photoshop?

CharlesH

Coco and maple: Med CA, many coats, lots of sanding and using a led headlamp to see all the faults.
Puzzle: Since its stabilized wood, sanding to 12000 then plastic polish.
Acrylics: Really sharp round chisel, sanding to 12000 then plastic polish.

Very nice job on the finish on all the pens. If you don't mind sharing, what type of finish was used?

PenMan1

Then only NEGATIVE thing that can be said about these pens and photos are..... Dude, you gotta fix those cuticles before you lose a thumbnail:).

AWESOME PENS!!!!!!!

mrburls

Charles, awesome group of pen with fantastic finish. Photos are great. My favorite is the cocobolo burl. I think I may have gotten my cocobolo burl blanks from the some guy on ebay you got yours from. They are cut offs from his bowl turning.

Keith "mrburls"

workinforwood

Those look really good, the photo's are pretty good and terrible at the same time too. The photo quality is really good, but having your hands in the way is not good at all. Did you notice the lunar pen on top has a skull above the moon<as in just below the finial>? I wish I could say I did that on purpose...but it's just one of those strange things. They say if you look real close, there's a skull in everything...but regardless that is one cool looking fluke of a skull!

almost forgot...the photo size is way way too big too for us country folks on dial up we get tired of waiting.

CharlesH

I just noticed the skull under the finial! EVIL! :)

Agreed on the picture, when I am done making a pen, I am lazy, I should pay more attention when taking pictures. :p

Regarding the size, being equipped with a 24" monitor, I like big pictures!

I did not think there was still people on dialup, at least I have thumnails!

Charles

Those look really good, the photo's are pretty good and terrible at the same time too. The photo quality is really good, but having your hands in the way is not good at all. Did you notice the lunar pen on top has a skull above the moon<as in just below the finial>? I wish I could say I did that on purpose...but it's just one of those strange things. They say if you look real close, there's a skull in everything...but regardless that is one cool looking fluke of a skull!

almost forgot...the photo size is way way too big too for us country folks on dial up we get tired of waiting.

Top Bottom