Inlace Molten Metal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rdunn12

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdunn12

This is one I did with an Inlace molten metal blank.I am also working on my photographs.Any critiques and help on the photo or pen for that matter would be appreciated.

2008120145539_moltenmetal.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Look good from what I can tell.

Comments on the photo, try using a different background that contrast slightly. It will show off your pen better. Also try diffusing your light a little to get rid of the bright area up top. I am no pro at photos, there are a few more here that are far more knowledgeable then I am. Hopefully they might give some pointers too.

gerryr

I agree with what Tom said about the background. I use a white background for just about every pen photo. Overall, the photo looks a bit out of focus, and the white balance could be off, but I don't know what color the background actually is so that may not be the case. The highlights on the clip and cap are burned out so you really need to diffuse whatever light you're using.

The fit and finish on the pen look good.

IPD_Mrs

Personally, this pen might show nicely with either a white or black background. Especially if you have one of the shiney (mirror type) black acrylic platforms. Additionally, try a different angle on your pen. Bring it from top to bottom across the photo (corner to corner) as opposed to straight across the center. This may help with some of the light issues, as well as showing off the pen a little better IMHO. Definitely agree on the light with the other two posts, bring it down a notch and or shoot from different angle. You are getting way too much glare off of the metal. This has been one of the most difficult things for us to achieve and we still struggle with it almost always.

As for the pen itself, I love the molten metal but it is rather difficult to tell in this particular photo how it really looks on the kit with the distractions of the patterns behind it. It does appear that you got a really good fit and cut.

Linda

rdunn12

Thanks for the suggestions guys,They are extremely appreciated and I will try all of them and repost with a different pen and see what happens.It is easier to make a pen than photograph it.Ronald.

simomatra

I have been after one of those blanks for a while but they are always on backorder so they have to be popular

Your pen looks good and you suffer the same as I do with taking pictures[:(]

fernhills

Nice pens, try using card stock flat colors 12"x12"you find them in scrap booking at craft stores an array of colors,light blues,beige work out good, cost pennies. I`m still trying to pick up tips on the how to,s good work, Carl

hilltopper46

On the camera, you might try changing any settings that have to do with the type of light. You pictures have a tint to them that, on my camera, would indicate that I was taking the picture with florescent lighting but with the camera set to natural lighting (or vice versa).

Mather323

Great work on your pens they are very nice. On your last photo the lack of light does not let us see the pen blank very well and what a shame it is to hide it. I think it would show very well with a black or a dark blue back ground. I sure like your blank.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom