Infected Mesquite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

An El Grande with some of the Mesquite Mike Maxwell sent me awhile back. More mistletoe infection and a lot of fill to get it right, lots of thin ca to seal it and then medium to fill it and I think it came out pretty good. I call it the Eyes Have It.
Jerry

Attachments

• IMG_6134.jpg
    IMG_6134.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_6138.jpg
    IMG_6138.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_6139.jpg
    IMG_6139.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_6140.jpg
    IMG_6140.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Nice pen and a beautiful chunk of wood, funny I never saw any Mistletoe on the acres of that horrid weed I had to cut down as a kid, Probably wasn't that into wood of the fibrous kind in those days:rolleyes:, but that's a beauty, and a sweet piece of wood. Unfortunately now I like the silly stuff, and it don't grow in Tennessee.

SDB777

Got to agree with the post above.....never thought Mesquite would accept Mistletoe growing into it, but maybe stranger things will be revealed later?

Give the pen some 'character', I like it!

Scott

maxman400

Got to agree with the post above.....never thought Mesquite would accept Mistletoe growing into it, but maybe stranger things will be revealed later?

Give the pen some 'character', I like it!

Scott
In this part of the desert if left unchecked the mistletoe will eventually kill the mesquite and that makes for some great burls like this one. This is the burl that SEER's blank came from.

Attachments

• CIMG0041.jpg
    CIMG0041.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 119

redwd707

Super cool! I think any botany student would appreciate that cross section of mistletoe(Viscum sp.) haustorium. How fun!

Top Bottom