Industrial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Autonoz

Autonoz

Just finished this today and am pretty happy with it. Be honest, still learning.

Indpen1.jpg

Indpen2.jpg

Indpen3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

I'm not sure what your "still learning" because it looks pretty sweet to me. The only critique I would have is that it appears that the refill is extended a tad bit to far but otherwise "you done good"! I assume the nib must screw into the barrel to change the refill?
Did you make the clip?

Autonoz

I'm not sure what your "still learning" because it looks pretty sweet to me. The only critique I would have is that it appears that the refill is extended a tad bit to far but otherwise "you done good"! I assume the nib must screw into the barrel to change the refill?
Did you make the clip?

Your are right. I checked a store bought pen and I do have the refill sticking out a little much. See, still learning. The nib does unscrew to replace the refill and the clip is off of a cheap pen. Thanks for taking the time to comment and giving honest input.

bluwolf

Terrific job on the pen. It's just my opinion, but I really don't care for the clip. It just doesn't seem good enough for the pen:)

Mike

PenPal

Shaun,

Wow, very individual and your design is delightful.

I prefer the tip of the biro at that distance and also believe it is correct because the shape of the tip of the pen if followed matches the angle of the refill coming to a natural point, also it enables the user to see where the tip is beyond the holding fingers a problem in some other kit pens. I believe you capitulated unneccessarily and commend you for your seeing eye, most often first thoughts are best.

The quirky clip breaks up the rounded image of the pen creating both amazement and amusement two very worthwhile characteristics. Thread to tip on the pen is pleasing because some or in my opinion most pens are too narrow in this area, your slight step down suits your pen to a tee.

Grateful you posted, gave me quite a lift for my 78th birthday today Thursday where I live.
Will probably not go far into metals myself with the extra tooling etc since downsizing would
be more sensible for me at this time.

Kind regards Peter.

Autonoz

It's just my opinion, but I really don't care for the clip.
Clips are my biggest downfall. I wish I could see all the different clips so I would know what to order. When I get them they just don't fit like I want them to. That being said, I still like this one. It is a cheap one though.

I believe you capitulated unneccessarily and commend you for your seeing eye, most often first thoughts are best.
You make valid points, and I can see the benefit of the tip sticking out further, but as for the norm it is a bit far. On the other hand, hand crafted should be outside the norm.
You were very kind with your review as well as thorough. Thank you very much and thanks to everyone who commented on this pen.

Good work as a whole, but I keep coming back to the clip as well. For me though, I don't think it's the clip part, but the turtleneck. I keep wondering what the pen would look like with a couple of those coils trimmed.

nightowl

I think the pen is great. The refill is sticking out a little more than I would like but it the end threaded enough that a small spacer could be made to take up some of the space? Great job though with or without a shortened refill.

Autonoz

I think the pen is great. The refill is sticking out a little more than I would like but it the end threaded enough that a small spacer could be made to take up some of the space? Great job though with or without a shortened refill.

Yes I have some wiggle room to shorten the tip. I am going to make a change and see how I like it. Thanks

Katya

I love the shape of the clip. True, the curves don't relate to the rest of the pen, but it's quirky and obviously meant to be there. Doesn't go too far in the other direction, either, for me.

Top Bottom