Indigo Night Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lhowell

lhowell

Turned this one out tonight. It is an Indigo Night Amalgum-mutt blank with a gunmetal Graduate Magnetic Rollerball kit. I made this to donate for an IG/FB auction where the proceeds will go to the Fallen Dallas Police Officers. Still trying to find the best way to finish these amalgum-mutt blanks. I really want a brighter sheen. My typical sand through 12,000 grit micro-mesh at 500rpm and the using some plastic polish just doesn't seem to get the sheen like other acrylics. Suggestions? Should I put a few coats of thin CA glue on it and buff that out? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 183

mecompco

Hmmm--it does sorta look like a matte finish. I use your recipe for all my acrylics (a buffing wheel rather than plastic polish being the exception) and they all come out great. I don't know why your idea of CA wouldn't work (kind of a pain, though).

Regards,
Michael

OZturner

Provided that your finish is scratch free, Lee.
The Thin CA won't hurt, just means that you will need to give the upper Grades of Micro Mesh another go.
Thanks for your thoughtfulness, with the Dallas Officers, a Great Cause.
Congratulations,
Brian

ElMostro

Try wet sanding through 12000 Micro-mesh at FULL speed. That is all I do on these blanks. Plastic polish and buffer will add to the shine but I rarely need to do this step.

Eugene.

Top Bottom