Incubus Resin fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from igran7

igran7

Full size Gentlemens closed-end "Incubus" resin from Karls resin blank of the month club. You can't see it in the picture, but the blank shimmers and sparkles when the light hits it. Karl did an outstanding job casting this one. Comments welcomed, thanks for looking.

200859191832_Incubus1.jpg

200859191854_Incubus2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

igran7

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Beautiful work, but it might be a tough sale if a prospective buyer knows the definition of an incubus. Yes, I know it is the name of a band as well.
It would be a tough sale indeed! The name "Incubus" will not be associated with this pen anywhere except for this forum. The Incubus blank and the Archangel blank are a paired set from Karl's blank of the month club for May, and I wanted to pay homage to Karl by mentioning the name.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good job Joe ! I'll be glad when Karl gets his shop done & caught up . His blanks are awesome & you did this one justice !

karlkuehn

Banned
Holy crap. When I originally worked up the 'theme' for this month's blanks, I was in the mindset of some artwork that I've been doing, Heaven/Hell, Angel/Demon, spiritual warfare type of stuff (the Yin/Yang concept). I was looking for interesting names for Angel and Demon, and popped out the thesaurus...there sat 'incubus' as a synonym for 'demon', which was a nice balance for 'archangel', I thought, and went with it.

After reading Cav's post, I did a little more digging, and about died.

[B)][:0][B)][:0][xx(]

I shoulda gone with 'demon', or 'darkling' or 'fallen' or anything BUT Incubus. I had no idea! Gah. Stupid halfhearted research!

Anyways, Joe...as always, you make my stuff look awesome! Did you paint the inside of the blank white? I've still not decided what colors to put in mine. I really like the way that one turned out, and I bet the contrast looks really cool up close with the depth. :) Very nice work! I'm still mixed on the pick guard, but you pulled it off well!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get some more barbecue sauce to go with the rest of my foot, and then get back in the shop!

For next month's blanks, it's a tie between "Shame" and "Atonement" or "Smurf" and "Care Bear" just to balance the weirdo-sicko, twisted-mind offering that I came up with this month. [:p]:D

*watches for lightning storms out the window*

igran7

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Karl and Joe, I did not mean my post to be a dig at either of you. Rather, I didn't want a beautiful blank and the resulting pen to be sullied by the name.
No offense taken Cav. :) I mentioned the name because I wanted Karl to get recognition for the beautiful work he does. There are probably 20 or so others that received the same pair of blanks this month, and the "pen form" blank looks completely different than the unturned blank.

Lou, maybe I'll change the name of the Archangel blank to "Succubus" and offer them as a matching set:D

Top Bottom