Incredible ironwood burl on black titaninum Retro Jr!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Here is one awesome and extremely chatoyant piece of ironwood burl, a lot is going on in there! I am in awe, so nice! :)

27 coats of normal CA.

Clicky the thumbnail and thanks for looking!

Charles

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

I saw that first pic and thought "gee, he sure left a bunch of scratches lengthwise before he polished that. That's not his usual work. Then I looked at the next two pics, and figured out it was just the extreme reflection of the sunlight through the leaves in that mirrorlike finish. Great work, and you're right, no wood I know of can match DIW for chatoyance. I suspect it's due to a very high silica content from slow growth in the desert, but I'm not sure. Whatever causes it, I LIKE IT!!!

CharlesH

I saw that first pic and thought "gee, he sure left a bunch of scratches lengthwise before he polished that. That's not his usual work. Then I looked at the next two pics, and figured out it was just the extreme reflection of the sunlight through the leaves in that mirrorlike finish. Great work, and you're right, no wood I know of can match DIW for chatoyance. I suspect it's due to a very high silica content from slow growth in the desert, but I'm not sure. Whatever causes it, I LIKE IT!!!

Hahahaha, thank you!!! :)

Charles

wizard

Charles, You could look at this two ways... that is an absolutely beautiful pen or the most stunning piece of CA glue on this planet. I'll go with the pen:wink:. Another beautiful piece of art. Doc

CharlesH

wizard said:
Charles, You could look at this two ways... that is an absolutely beautiful pen or the most stunning piece of CA glue on this planet. I'll go with the pen:wink:. Another beautiful piece of art. Doc

Hahaha, thank you!

I shall turn some awesome amboyna burl shortly. The blanks I have have eyes on 4 sides!!! ;)

C

Sent from my iTouch.

Top Bottom