Imperial in white pearl acrylic.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from theturningcircle

Winchester, Hampshire. SO22 5LB, United Kingdom.
Had an order recently for 10 Imperial pens in white pearl acrylic.
Thet all turned out quite nicely.:wink: I used polyurethane as the glue because 'ligget' had a problem with the same acrylic and a two part epoxy showing through.

Attachments

• Imperial in Pearl white acrylic.jpg
    Imperial in Pearl white acrylic.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 349
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

That is an excellent pen! Very nice. I will have to try the Imperial.

If there is any chance of the glue or tube showing thru, I spray paint the Inside of the blank. This keeps the glue and brass tube from showing thru. I can also change the color by painting the inside of the tube a different color.

That is an excellent pen! Very nice. I will have to try the Imperial.

If there is any chance of the glue or tube showing thru, I spray paint the Inside of the blank. This keeps the glue and brass tube from showing thru. I can also change the color by painting the inside of the tube a different color.

I forgot to mention that the tube was sprayed white with automotive paint. I like the idea of spraying the inside of the tube a different colour. The result could be very interesting.:wink:
Ian

broitblat

Very elegant!

As much as I love working with burls and other interesting grains, sometimes it is the simplest "patterns" that produce the nicest pens.

-Barry

Ligget

Very nice work Ian, as I said in the email to you I had no problem for around a year, I had painted the tubes etc.. It was the glue that turned brown over time and this can be seen through the blank. :eek:

Next time I do it, I will mix a little white nail varnish into the glue to colour it white too. :)

Very nice work Ian, as I said in the email to you I had no problem for around a year, I had painted the tubes etc.. It was the glue that turned brown over time and this can be seen through the blank. :eek:

Next time I do it, I will mix a little white nail varnish into the glue to colour it white too. :)

Hi Mark,
Let's hope the polyurethane doesn't show through after a year. I had thought of mixing the paint with the glue - I'll try that next time.

Last time we met I didn't notice you wearing white nail varnish!!!:wink::wink:
Ian

randyrls

Top Bottom