Imperial Jade my first TrueStone pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

I tried truestone for the first time. It was interesting, hard material to turn, I read some of the threads in IAP, and decided to wet sand till 12,000 grit. Then buffed it using white diamond rouge and finished it with Rennaisance Wax. I would like to try CA next time, as I felt the finish was somewhat dull in comparison to the CA finish pens? Any C&C welcome.

Attachments

• Imperial Jade Zen kit2.jpg
    Imperial Jade Zen kit2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Imperial Jade Zen kit5.jpg
    Imperial Jade Zen kit5.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 173
  • Imperial Jade Zen kit4.jpg
    Imperial Jade Zen kit4.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Imperial Jade Zen kit1.jpg
    Imperial Jade Zen kit1.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Nice job, Sean! The fit seems to be spot on. As far as the finish questions, wet sanding with micro mesh to 12,000 is the way to go. I then use CCUSA's "Scratch Free" and follow that up with HUT acrylic polish. I've been very pleased with the result. I've never tried CA on Tru-stone, but maybe some of the others have and can give us the scoop!

Keep turning!

Dale Lynch

Try using plastic buffing compound next time around .Tru-stone will buff to a glass finish.Dico and a few others make it.I use it after wet sanding 2500 grit.

I can't help with the finish, as I had the same issue with that particular trustone. I hope I can offer some help elsewhere, though. It appears that you may have assembled the pen backwards. Your finial end appears to be under turned, and the nib end overturned. It's been a while, but I do believe the finial is smaller than the nib coupler on these components, and if you disassemble, and flip it, it just might do the trick.

OZturner

Terrific Pen Sean,
Yussef, (Chatham Pen Works) might be correct, but as we are "Down Under" therefore Back to Front and Upside Down is perfectly normal for us.
Congratulations,
Brian.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I can't help with the finish, as I had the same issue with that particular trustone. I hope I can offer some help elsewhere, though. It appears that you may have assembled the pen backwards. Your finial end appears to be under turned, and the nib end overturned. It's been a while, but I do believe the finial is smaller than the nib coupler on these components, and if you disassemble, and flip it, it just might do the trick.

Ha Ha - GOOD Eye!!! Now that's something I would have done. :eek:

Love the pen nonetheless!

Top Bottom