I'ma just let Brooks explain this one....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

299787_216242221769184_100001502242963_574603_1356648129_n.jpg

The blank was interesting, a bit challenging to turn. The voids were not unexpected, and I did fill most of them. A couple got away from me. If there's a way to use a thinner, more viscous PR blend it'd probably work out pretty well.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Wow, Allen! You must have sped home from the meeting and worked through supper to get that one finished. I remember looking at that blank, or one similar. Looked too tough to handle to me, so I passed on that one. Just goes to show you can cast almost anything in PR, even the kitchen sink pads. Good work.

....thinner, more viscous PR blend :confused::confused::eek::confused::confused:

Drstrangefart

Wow, Allen! You must have sped home from the meeting and worked through supper to get that one finished. I remember looking at that blank, or one similar. Looked too tough to handle to me, so I passed on that one. Just goes to show you can cast almost anything in PR, even the kitchen sink pads. Good work.

....thinner, more viscous PR blend :confused::confused::eek::confused::confused:

Not a kitchen sink pad, believe it or not. And it looked tough, but I was pretty obsessed with seeing the inside of it. And LESS viscous would have been appropriate here. I had my definition backwards.

Last edited:

Brooks803

Man you must have gotten home and went straight to the shop! It turned out very interesting. To help with the voids and overall results I think I'll use less material on the next one.

Drstrangefart

One of those things you scrub with in the shower. I didn't find any unfortunate body hair or dandruff in it, so I assume it was new.... (Brooks promised it was) And if anyone was at the chapter meeting, it was no closely guarded secret I wanted to turn it pretty badly.

Bobalu

Not a kitchen sink pad, believe it or not. And it looked tough, but I was pretty obsessed with seeing the inside of it. And LESS viscous would have been appropriate here. I had my definition backwards.

I must have misunderstood what JB said. I thought it was one of those plastic versions of the SOS pad. But I guess the ones that make for shower use aren't too much different.....just come with a rope. Did he cast the rope in too? :tongue::biggrin::tongue:

I knew you meant LESS. Just had to rag on you a little for that one. Isn't that one of those double-dangling hyphenated participles? :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

Drstrangefart

I must have misunderstood what JB said. I thought it was one of those plastic versions of the SOS pad. But I guess the ones that make for shower use aren't too much different.....just come with a rope. Did he cast the rope in too? :tongue::biggrin::tongue:

I knew you meant LESS. Just had to rag on you a little for that one. Isn't that one of those double-dangling hyphenated participles? :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

No blood, no foul!!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom