I'm trying to catch up on my posting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toolcrazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolcrazy

My second closed end pen. Two tone Amboyna with a Navigator kit. CA stabilization, then Enduro sealer and then enduro finish. Polished with white diamond and carnuba wax.
tn_amboyna_closed_end_baron.jpg

Here are 2 pics of a Artist pencil that I'm giving my daughters boyfriend for his College graduation. CA and Enduro Finish.
tn_artist_pencil_front.jpg

tn_artist_pencil_rear.jpg

Still trying to figure out my new camera.
More pics to come.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

The amboyna pen looks great! Nice kit you paired it with. One question- on the artist pencil, did you do CA and Enduro, and if so, how did you do that? In what order? Is there an advantage to using both as the finish?

toolcrazy

Actually I did the same on both. Applied thin CA, went through MM then did the Enduro sealer, then the enduro top coat. Why? The Navigator is burl, I broke the end off at the end of the brass tube. Thinkin it would be best to stablize it a bit. Oh, and the Navagator is Austrailian Red Morrell, I don't know what I was thinking when I did that discription. The Coco Pencil, this is only my second coco item, I wanted to get the finish right the first time. Reading some turners had problem with finishes on coco I thought it best to seal it with thin CA. I also have problems with the smell, reacting to and getting a good finish, so I have gotten away from CA as a major finish. Enduro may take longer than CA, but it a good trade not dealing with the negitives I have with CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom