i'm still here!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from punkinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinn

Yes, I'm still alive. ;) I actually got to turn some pens this weekend, for a change. I now have a nice assortment to take with me on my trip next week to see my family in MD.

A Brown Mallee Euro:
75a.jpg

An East Indian Rosewood Euro:
77a.jpg

A Ramone burl Cigar:
76b.jpg

A curly Mesquite Jr. Gent:
78a.jpg

And an Oak burl Jr. Gent:
79c.jpg

I think all that wood was Dario's except the rosewood, which was from BigRob. Dario, do you recall what type of oak that was? Red? White? something else...?

<waves to everyone>
Best always,
Nancy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Nancy,

All look exquisite.

Regarding the oak...it is "Heritage" Live Oak. Heritage Oak is the name given to centenarian live oak trees here.

alamocdc

Nice bunch of pens, Nancy. The oak burl you got from Dario is Heritage Live Oak. It was struck by lightning in a thunderstorm in San Antonio and came down three years ago. The "limb" the burl was on was 4 feet in diameter. Based on my research, the tree was at least 300 years old and stood in San Antonio during the fall of the Alamo and Texas' independence.

LanceD

Nancy, those are some beautiful pens. I especially like the curly mesquite Jr Gent. You've done a wonderful job on all of them.

Lance

BigRob777

Nancy,
Really nice assortment of pens. I especially like the fit on the brown mallee and the indian rosewood. I have to say that the ramone and mallee burls look spectacular. I've been trying to get some oak burl, but it has been alusive.
Thanks for sharing,
Rob

punkinn

Thank you everyone! And that's fascinating stuff about the Heritage Live Oak burl. I'll have to incorporate that historic info into my "sales pitch" for that pen! :)

Hey Dario, you got any more of that stuff? [:D]

Nancy

Dario

Nancy,

Yes, I have more (remember the burl is from a 4 foot branch [;)])

(Start Shameless Plug)

Just milled some more Live Oak burl...will start including it in the Chef's Special [;)]

Everyone who want to order it separately...I sell them for $2.75 per blank. (End Plug) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom