I'm started

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hubert H

Hubert H

A Polaris Black Titanium with an Olive blank. I'm still learning - most likely will be for years to come. Just when I thought I had the CA finish down I have had some bad jobs. This one is so, so. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• For-IPA--Olive.jpg
    For-IPA--Olive.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 331
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

I think you are being a little too hard on yourself. That pen looks really good. Love the wood, and you've got a good shine on there too.

johnnycnc

Nice wood, finish isn't bad, pic is decent..you're doin' fine!

As for learning for a long time, I still learn on every new pen I make
and would be a little disappointed if I didn't.

MatthewZS

As everyone else said, that is a good looking pen, nice fit and finish! The ONLY thing you might do..... is turn the clip a bit so it's not hiding that really awesome knot.... that is unless the other side of the pen looks EVER cooler:)

CharlesH

Keep being critical! Penturning is all about micro details, it's what matters!

I am rarely satisfied with my pens but the other people around me and my customers are often amazed at what can be done with wood!

If you play music for example, your perception about it is really different as compared to a simple listener.

I am driven by the woods, I wanna make pens that shows the rarest and most exceptional woods in their better days and keep all of them for myself! :cat: MY PRECIOUS!

If you have the passion for woods like me, get the nicest blanks! You will improve to the level you desire because you will be driven in making that exceptional blank, better.

You made a really fine pen! Now go turn!!!

Charles

bking0217

I heard it can be a nightmare putting a ca finish on olivewood. I haven't done it myself. That looks beautiful to me.

Top Bottom