I'm Out Of Control!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like I'm out of control these days with Barons, solid end mandrels and free wood. Somebody Stop me!!!;)

Well After seeing Andrew's awesome double solid ended pen in amboyna (did I mention, we need to talk!!:D), I had this one roll off my bench this morning!

IMG_9228.jpg

It was a freebee from AzS that almost became a double ended pen, but, well, on the cap mandrel I measure once instead of twice...and we all know how that goes..[:eek:)]

The finish is sprayed lacquer, rubbed out with MM and plastic polish.
IMG_9224.jpg

I'm fresh out of Baron kits so maybe the solid ended madness will stop for awhile....maybe!![8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rcarman

I love the grain patterns in the wood. Beautiful finish. You are infecting me with the closed end fever. I have not tried one yet but after seeing yours I want to do one. Really nice work.

Thanks Guys,

I thought my eye sight was going...I was looking at the reflection in the picture of the light on the pen body and it looked dull at the max diameter...I looked under a magnifier to see if I did indeed get the polish, and, I did...I have some places where I did not "fill" all the natural surface voids with lacquer and this appears to be the case here...I suppose two or three more spray coats would have done it...but the finish is clean in it's current state...sometimes a picture does not tell all, eh![:eek:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom