I'm not showing off

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Terredax

Terredax

Banned
I'm certainly not showing this off. It's not anything that hasn't been done before and the photo is terrible, but it's the best I can do.
It's just a plain pen to test my ability and it's my very first pen.

It's one of the blanks that I cast and I used an Atrax pen kit that my daughter got for me. This will be going to her this week and I hope she likes it.

Attachments

• 1st 1.jpg
    1st 1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 643
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Nice blank, and nice pen.

If your not showing off, why did you post this in "SHOW OFF your pens"? :wink:

Nothing wrong with showing off.

I'll bet your daughter shows it off.

Talfalfa33

I agree, if you don't show it off, send it here and I'll show it off. And as for your daughter, she'll love anything you make for her. But seriously, I love the colors and the way the blank ended up.

magpens

Did you say that is your first pen ? . And you cast the blank, too ? . WOW !!!!

Not many do an Atrax as a first pen wrapped in a blank they made themselves !!

You should be justly proud of yourself !!!

Terredax

Banned
I started casting pen blanks before I had any pen kits or equipment to do anything with them. I have a background in resins and after joining IAP, I seen others making pen blanks from resin and figured I would give it a try.

I didn't see much difference in making an Atrax as opposed to making the slimline style pens, other than a slightly higher cost. All of the pens are turned down to a specific diameter, so I chose the better looking pen kits. I hope to do some of the expensive pen kits some day.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Drewboy22

There are several of us here that would be happy to show that off for you :)

BTW - You did a GREAT job on your first pen!! I think my first Atrax was #35 and #36

Brian G

Excellent pen. I think you should keep it and make another one to give to your daughter.

First pens are the most awesome pens of all, and belong in the hands of the maker. :)

robutacion

Did you say that is your first pen ? . And you cast the blank, too ? . WOW !!!!

Not many do an Atrax as a first pen wrapped in a blank they made themselves !!

You should be justly proud of yourself !!!

I agree and, its good news that you have something to show-off so soon in your pen making venture and from what I see, you are obviously a quick learner, congrats...!

Cheers
George

Terredax

Banned
Eric- I was able to get the photo to look like that with PS, but it looks washed out to me.
Setting the shutter speed independently is outside my understanding. I've tried changing several settings and the photo never comes out. I did this photo with auto, in indirect sunlight.
That seems to be the only way I can get a photo that is close to the actual object, especially the color. Maybe it's my eyes that don't see the proper color and the camera is correct.

Rink

First, the pen looks great, way better than my first ones, for sure. That color of blank and a chrome kit...great pair-up. And awesome blank on its own, too!

Second, i finally invested $39 in a portable photo studio light tent with two lights, from Amazon (brand = Limo Studio). It makes a big difference in the quality of my pictures. And my camera is simply my cell phone (Nokia Lumia 925, I think). 8 megapixel. It takes good basic pictures and even pretty good close-ups. Best camera in my house (better than my Kodak digitals) is the iPad, but it's a little unwieldy for pen photography.

Good luck with pens number 0002-xxxxx !!

magpens

I agree with your starting philosophy and I encourage other beginning penturners to do the same.

I didn't see much difference in making an Atrax as opposed to making the slimline style pens, other than a slightly higher cost. All of the pens are turned down to a specific diameter, so I chose the better looking pen kits. I hope to do some of the expensive pen kits some day.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Top Bottom