Im new at pen turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fisher

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

Paleo, for big stuff, it doesn't matter, but digital calipers are really great for pen turning since our fits have to be so precise. Measure your pen components to get the exact size and don't rely on bushings which usually aren't perfect to start with - then they get gouged, sanded, layered with CA. Your calipers will get the fit perfect.

Harry

Ambidex

3,6,7 and 9 are my favorites...is the last whitetail?? And if it is how did you finish?..Welcome to the vortex:wink:

OZturner

Nice collection Steve,
You will over time develop your Ideals on Profiles, Fit and Finishes, which distinguishes one Turners work, from anothers.
What you have shown here is an assortment of numerous styles, almost like you are trying out what ever you can to see how well it works, and that is Great.
I suggest that you look closely and critically at your Pens and determine what it is with each one that you Like, or what you are Not Crazy about.
And use that in your Design and Work Standard.
It is Dynamic, and will change with your exposure.
I look forward to seeing future posting. You have already shown considerable Ability and Skill.
Congratulations,
Brian.

robutacion

Well, you are doing quite well, in that case...!:wink:

Some people are "naturals" and these things come to quite easily however, is time and perseverance that will allow you to excel in what you do so, you are certainly travel in the right direction...!

Good luck,

Cheers
George

Top Bottom