See more from ladycop322

ladycop322

fishy.jpg

bolt action.jpg

bolt action 2.jpg

abalone.jpg

comments and critiques welcome :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
For being new at it your work doesn't show it, those are some very nice pens. If you are new I will hate to go up against you in the BASH next year after you have learned more:) Did you make the PC blank yourself? Very naice work!

And welcome to IAP, you can learn a lot here, but seeing your work you might be able to teach us some things.

Mike

plano_harry

Nice looking pens Michelle! #3 looks a little off at the top (possibly out of round? - is it flush on one side and below the hardware on the other?). I especially like #4. Very good work.

Quality Pen

nice looking pens... I'm sure they would look even better once you hone your photography! I really like the natural wood bullet pen in the third pic!

eranox

I have to guess that you have a very good mentor, and/or have really done your homework on researching techniques and materials! The materials, kits, and craftsmanship aren't beginner level by a long shot! Your beginning work is about on par with my best, and I've been at it for a couple of years. Beautiful work! Can I ask where the abalone blank came from? It's stunning. Great job all around!

If you're a fan of the bolt actions, I might recommend looking into Fred's (IAP "fatdawg") bullet kits. They're made from genuine 30.06 (and 7.62 NATO, etc.) cases and real bullets. He's very reasonable on his prices, and a super nice guy to work with. They're my most popular pens to date, and with good reason. Just promise not to run him out of stock. :biggrin: Welcome to our obsession!

OZturner

Welcome Michelle, from Sydney Australia.
Thanks for the Posting of a few of your pens.
You claim to be new to this, but looking at your pens, you already have Form,
They are Excellent, Terrific Fit and Finish.
Can't wait to see your next posting.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Dave, I can't say for sure but the abalone blank looks like the one that CSUSA sells Artisan Abalone Pen Blanks | Pen Making | Craft Supplies USA

Mike

I have to guess that you have a very good mentor, and/or have really done your homework on researching techniques and materials! The materials, kits, and craftsmanship aren't beginner level by a long shot! Your beginning work is about on par with my best, and I've been at it for a couple of years. Beautiful work! Can I ask where the abalone blank came from? It's stunning. Great job all around!

If you're a fan of the bolt actions, I might recommend looking into Fred's (IAP "fatdawg") bullet kits. They're made from genuine 30.06 (and 7.62 NATO, etc.) cases and real bullets. He's very reasonable on his prices, and a super nice guy to work with. They're my most popular pens to date, and with good reason. Just promise not to run him out of stock. :biggrin: Welcome to our obsession!

Rodnall

Welcome from Miami. Very nice work for a beginner. I don't know where you are in south florida, but if you want to do some over and under shotgun fountain pens I will sell you some kiits cheap. I wanted roller ball but accidentally ordered fountain pens. Would try to return them but it was over a year ago that I bought them, then just recently was going to use them and found out they were fountain pen kits.
Rod

Fishinbo

Wow! They all look great, pretty impressive for a beginner. Beautiful blanks on great kits with great finish. My favorite is the last one, looks really stunning.

tgsean

Wow that is amazing! And you are new at this? I can only imagine what you will be capable of in a few months! Really awesome!

keithbyrd

I wish my first few pens looked that nice! Great job! I personally like the bullet pens to be as straight as possible - to me it seems that a bulge detracts from the bullet look! But nice job on them!

Top Bottom