"I'm like King Midas in reverse..."

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plano_harry

plano_harry

Something for the Tony Soprano fans :cool: This special edition CAO prompted me skip the ash and try my hand at a Dale Allen inspired tobacco foot. The guy at the cigar store wanted a price on 50 pieces - I think I have a label problem! :biggrin: These cigars had a dark oily wrapper so I went with stabilized claro walnut burl. It was a challenge getting the foot to look right. I might need to go a little darker. Not being a cigar smoker, I am just winging it here. Still pretty shiny at MM1500. Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions, and thanks Dale for the technique.

Harry

Attachments

• Sop2 M.jpg
    Sop2 M.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 379
  • Sop3 M.jpg
    Sop3 M.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 249
  • Sop Open M.jpg
    Sop Open M.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Allen

Nicely done Harry! Let me know how long it takes to make 50:biggrin:

You know those brown colored markers they sell for touching up the scratches in furniture? They work good for darkening the ends (start with the lightest one first-DAMHIKT)
And a fine abranet puts a nice matte finish on it but buff lightly!

plano_harry

Thanks Dale, I will have to check that out. Not sure I want to make 50 of those! But, by the time I am half way through, I should have the mistakes down to a minimum :tongue: I think ash is easier to do. Probably stop with abranet 600 (I love that stuff - will never go back to scratch paper) and drop the MM.

Nicely done Harry! Let me know how long it takes to make 50:biggrin:

You know those brown colored markers they sell for touching up the scratches in furniture? They work good for darkening the ends (start with the lightest one first-DAMHIKT)
And a fine abranet puts a nice matte finish on it but buff lightly!

SteveJ

Can you get those 50 done in time for Black Friday - or at least Small Business Saturday? Sometimes I am afraid to take my pens in to show a store owner for fear that I would get such an order.

Have fun!

Steve

Top Bottom