I'm done with pens 'til after Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nilsatcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilsatcraft

These are the pens I turned for a recent order from my website. I got the order on Tuesday and shipped them out this afternoon. After spending 20 of the last 48 hours in the shop, I think I'm ready for a little break. :) I think my favorite is the brown dyed box elder burl Jr. Gents twist. It's the very contrasting one 7th from the right. Comments are welcome.

20051216212558_22pens2.jpg

20051216212637_22pens6.jpg

2005121621290_22pens9.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

WOW! I'm envious of your shop time, the order, and the skill with which those are done Nils! So, how many of them did you say you are mailing to me?

Deere41h

Nils....That is great. Talk about burning the candle from both ends. That takes some stamina. Well done. Thanks for sharing them with us.

woodpens

Nice job, Nils! You are obviously maintaining your quality during the big rush. That can be challenging at times. You are an inspiration to us all.

PenWorks

Nice sell Nils, and alot of good looking pens. I really like the Havana twist pens, but they don't sell all that well for me. I think they look great and really show off the wood. My pic is the 2nd Havana from the left [:)]

Thumbs

Well, at first glance, I thought doing 66 pens in 20 hours is not doing too badly. But then I realized you only did 22 and posted 3 pictures of the same pens! Boo!

[}:)][:p][:p][;)] Ha!
I'm lucky if I get 22pens in 48 days! BTW, beautiful lineup! I couldn't even afford half those kits! Really a picture and a half........or three![8D]

nilsatcraft

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. I'm having a nice relaxing weekend at home right now and I'm lovin' it. Jim- the left ones are Havana Ballpoints. They're my favorite kind of pen. Rifleman- my website is www.nilscreations.com. It's not a great site but I decided to do a little search engine optimization on it a few months ago and it has definitely paid off. Now I just need to find time to improve the website [;)].

ograywolf

I too would like to hear about search engine optimization. I put my web page up a while ago but am not getting very many hits. Nils, I'll trade you optimization info for shopping cart ideas.

Dave

www.pen-worksstudio.com

nilsatcraft

For Search Engine Optimization, I just do a few things to help the search engines find me. By no means am I an expert and my site is certainly not high ranking, but I'm thankful to have received a few new orders from it recently. Here's what I know about it:
1) Keep the pages relevant, clean and well designed.
2) Use keywords on your home page, like pens, gifts, or whatever else you're shooting for.
3) Try to get others to link to your site. This is really the most important one. Most search engines (Google in particular) place more importance on this than anything else.

As I mentioned, my site is not a great example of these things but I am slowly working on making it more search engine friendly and getting links from other relevant sites. I really need to set up a shopping cart but I honestly haven't wanted to devote much time to it lately because the occasional order that I get is almost more than I can handle timewise. Plus, these 20 hour projects sure cut into my sleep [:D]. For the money, though- I think I'd do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom