I'm back after almost 4 years. Closed end Havana.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alxe24

alxe24

Hello everyone. It's been a long while since I've been here. Allergies to some of the dust kept me away from turning pens, so I migrated back to my other hobby "photography"
For over a year I had a few co workers asking me to make them pens and since I have over 100 kits I did not wanted to waste I decided to give it a go and get back to turning pens. Now that I'm back I see all of your wonderful work from kit to kitless, lots of new things and talents to learn. I'll give a try to kitless as soon as possible.
Here is the pen that brought me back.
Thanks for looking.
Regards
Alex

Attachments

• IMG_8018-copy-2.jpg
    IMG_8018-copy-2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_7997-copy-2.jpg
    IMG_7997-copy-2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_8030-copy-2.jpg
    IMG_8030-copy-2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 271
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome back Alex. I think you'll find making kitless pens very enjoyable, and rewarding. This is a nice pen, and your photo skills are obvious.

paintspill

welcome back. can't decide what is more impressive, you pen making skills or your photography. on the allergy note, get yourself a good respirator and gloves and sleeves so you can stick around.

SDB777

I'm guessing your doing the respirator thing now? Hope so, cause your turning skills are great, and we'd lose out on your beautiful turningz!!!!

Scott (happy pen) B

Crashmph

First, welcome back...

Second, you have now made me like the havana. I was never a fan on the post on it, but as a closed end pen, that is quite nice.

Kretzky

Hi & welcome back. I'm sure you already know this but I find just having my shop vac hose (I don't have a DC) right behind my turning blank really reduces the amount of dust floating around & also takes away any CA fumes. I can now turn, sand & CA finish with no problems. Only thing now is my hearings suffering :redface:... have to build an acoustic hood for the shop vac! Good luck.
David

76winger

Welcome back Alex!

You probably left before I started here (been active 2-3 years now) but it looks like you've still got it. That's a nice looking pen!

I'll also be interested to see what you have to say on photography subjects since that has become a revived hobby of mine.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

alxe24

Thanks Dave. Thanks for the feed back. What are you doing photography wise?
I could provably post a picture of the set up I used for these kind of pictures.

76winger

Thanks Dave. Thanks for the feed back. What are you doing photography wise?
I could provably post a picture of the set up I used for these kind of pictures.

I consider myself above average with my photography but certainly not stellar and lots of room for Improvment. Mostly, I take photos of the pens I make for use in online listings and showing off my work to others. I use a DIY photo tent I made a year or so back now, shortly after getting my first DSLR.

I also do a little outside still photography from time to time when the inspiration hits me.
The best way to describe my work would be to point you to my Flickr page where many are posted, those can be seen here: Flickr: 76Winger's Photostream

Thanks for your interest.

alxe24

Nice work Dave. I went to your link and seems like you are quite busy with the pen making business, congrats.
I can't get use to a photo tent. I've tried it a few times and stored it away. I like to change the lighting all the times.

76winger

Nice work Dave. I went to your link and seems like you are quite busy with the pen making business, congrats.
I can't get use to a photo tent. I've tried it a few times and stored it away. I like to change the lighting all the times.

From the photo you posted I can see why. Although you pen is central to them, the extra props makes the overall photo a complete work of art. Most of my pen photos simply have the purpose of depicting the pens fairly consistently. I need to take some of my better work and explore ways to turn the whole photo into a work of art as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom