I'm baaaack.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chief Hill

Chief Hill

After a looong break since 2009. Here are a few of my first pens completed yesterday and today. It seems muscle memory is still with me as I can still do a good ca finish on wood.

Back in 2009 I was so busy making dozens of pens for shows and. Sales it turned into a job so I sold everything. But I've decided to come back and start again. Just for fun and turn again for the hobby. This time no business type of venture Or shows.... Just basic sales to friends and family of what I make and not what people need me to custom build. Making what I want when I want keeps it a hobby. When it comes to it turning into a job it's not enjoyable anymore. So I'm glad to be back. Is there anyone around still from when I was on here originally? Lol.

Attachments

• 20150806_175009.jpg
    20150806_175009.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 20150805_194458.jpg
    20150805_194458.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 20150805_194446.jpg
    20150805_194446.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 20150805_194431.jpg
    20150805_194431.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

After a looong break since 2009. Here are a few of my first pens completed yesterday and today. It seems muscle memory is still with me as I can still do a good ca finish on wood.

Back in 2009 I was so busy making dozens of pens for shows and. Sales it turned into a job so I sold everything. But I've decided to come back and start again. Just for fun and turn again for the hobby. This time no business type of venture Or shows.... Just basic sales to friends and family of what I make and not what people need me to custom build. Making what I want when I want keeps it a hobby. When it comes to it turning into a job it's not enjoyable anymore. So I'm glad to be back. Is there anyone around still from when I was on here originally? Lol.

Well, I was still pretty new to IAP them but, I remember you...!

And you are correct, certain things are better left as a hobby, when they turn into a job, the fun ends and its a tough job to get it back to where it should be, I believe a clean break for a while, is one of the best ways to start enjoying the hobby again so, congrats for that..!

Welcome back.

PS: Yes, you have not lost the touch, well done...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Chief Hill

Well, I was still pretty new to IAP them but, I remember you...!

And you are correct, certain things are better left as a hobby, when they turn into a job, the fun ends and its a tough job to get it back to where it should be, I believe a clean break for a while, is one of the best ways to start enjoying the hobby again so, congrats for that..!

Welcome back.

PS: Yes, you have not lost the touch, well done...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Well thanks George, I remember you as well. Its nice to see that there are still members on here still turning. I see some things have changed on the site as well. Classifieds seem to have dramatically changed as well there used to be tons of adds and now very few.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Back in 2009 I was so busy making dozens of pens for shows and. Sales it turned into a job so I sold everything. But I've decided to come back and start again. Just for fun and turn again for the hobby. This time no business type of venture Or shows.... Just basic sales to friends and family of what I make and not what people need me to custom build. Making what I want when I want keeps it a hobby. When it comes to it turning into a job it's not enjoyable anymore. So I'm glad to be back.
Is there anyone around still from when I was on here originally? Lol.

Penturner's Paradise (now off the air)! Remember?

darrin1200

Welcome back.

I'm still trying to build this into a retirement income. Some days it feels like a job, which I guess it is, but other days its real fun.

Looking forward to seeing more of your excellent work.

Chief Hill

Back in 2009 I was so busy making dozens of pens for shows and. Sales it turned into a job so I sold everything. But I've decided to come back and start again. Just for fun and turn again for the hobby. This time no business type of venture Or shows.... Just basic sales to friends and family of what I make and not what people need me to custom build. Making what I want when I want keeps it a hobby. When it comes to it turning into a job it's not enjoyable anymore. So I'm glad to be back.
Is there anyone around still from when I was on here originally? Lol.

Penturner's Paradise (now off the air)! Remember?
Mack. It's been awhile. Yes I looked there as well and noticed it's now gone. That's too bad. .

Top Bottom