Illusion in HRB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

Well at one point I said that I wouldn't make "glossy" Cigar Illusion pens. So much for that! When mrburls (Keith DeLong) sent me some HRB that is out of this world - I had to make a Cigar Illusion pen out of one piece. This one is glossy and needs no cigar band.

I've worked with this wood before, but never has it smelled so much like sweet roses before! Amazing stuff. I hope the photos show the amazing swirls and grains. I'm keeping this one!

Martin

Attachments

• HBR Illusion-3454.jpg
    HBR Illusion-3454.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 500
  • HBR Illusion-3455.jpg
    HBR Illusion-3455.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 388
  • HBR Illusion-3457.jpg
    HBR Illusion-3457.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 366
  • HBR Illusion-3458.jpg
    HBR Illusion-3458.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,256
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InvisibleMan

Not a bad effort, but I did find one flaw you should try to fix. There's no seam where the cap meets the barrel. What's it supposed to look EXACTLY like a cigar or something?

:)

ps - best HRB I've ever seen. Very nice work.

mrburls

Looks AWESOME Martin. You did well with that HRB and the shine looks good too. Your ash is just so real looking. I'd keep that one also if I had made it.

Keith "mrburls"

chriselle

I think that's your nicest one yet. I used to smoke cigars quite a bit but haven't lately. Hmmm....I have some Partagas at home....after work tonight I'm having a brandy and a cigar. :biggrin:

MartinPens

Thank you for the replies. I'm working on a small display of three items for the AAW Symposium Instant Gallery in San Jose, CA in June. It will include this pen. I hope to have a couple other wood pens as well to represent pen turning at the Symposium.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Dustygoose

How can you call this a pen? You didn't even leave a seam. How do people figure out where to unscrew it.

All kidding aside, Beautiful work. Truly a work of art.

Top Bottom