I'll See Your BOW and Trump You Amboyna Burl!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mac In Oak Ridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished this tonight. Amboyna Burl and Titainum Gold Baron. That is one nice design of a pen.

2005290219_Baron-Roller-Ball-6-Feb2005.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Great pen! I love the baron as well but I wish it had the no post option for the tail end.

I agree, in fact I wish we had a better solution to this whole "post/no post" problem. I recognize that from a sales perspective many customers want the ability to post. But that threaded cap sticking out is so unsightly to me. I know...I know...whatever the customer wants. I just hate to make something that I feel is unsightly.

No reflection at all on your pen, Mac. It's handsomely made and represents fine work and skill on your part. I just wish we penturners had a better solution.

"Marvelous looking pen. I wish my amboyna were that red. All of mine is more orange."

Gary,
That is the natural color of that particular piece of wood. Came from Rich at Blankity-Blanks.

Get some wood dye that has a darker orangeish red tint and bring up the color in your blanks.

Originally posted by Gary
<br />
Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Great pen! I love the baron as well but I wish it had the no post option for the tail end.

I agree, in fact I wish we had a better solution to this whole "post/no post" problem. I recognize that from a sales perspective many customers want the ability to post. But that threaded cap sticking out is so unsightly to me. I know...I know...whatever the customer wants. I just hate to make something that I feel is unsightly.

No reflection at all on your pen, Mac. It's handsomely made and represents fine work and skill on your part. I just wish we penturners had a better solution.

Gary,
The pens with click on, click off caps don't have the threads on them. Right now I don't remember the style but I made two of them a few weeks ago.
Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom