Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"It's virgil!!!"

200768161522_snakedonwardnet.jpg

Don was kind enough to let me try his snake skin blanks.

(Really he's kinda like the local drug dealer - give em a little, THEY'LL be BACK!!!)

I think he sent me the "pick of the litter" - the colors are just beautiful. The polyresin is more dense than "normal" homebrew (I assume because he is casting under pressure). I stopped several times early in the turning to see if I had created fractures (I was not kind to the blank - he asked for an evaluation, I can only evaluate if I turn WITH the mistakes that are common). There were NEVER any signs of fractures, then, as I neared the bushings, I started to turn more correctly - sharp skew. WOW. The material came off in ribbons (as expected), but the clarity of the PR was amazing.

As expected, buffing PR is a dream. The pen was simply sanded (dry-my preference) to 1500 grit, then tripoli and white diamond. VOILA!!

Don, it is honestly the best skin pen I have ever created - THANKS for the opportunity!!

(I should mention this picture was taken by hand - my tripod is at home - so its a smidge out of focus)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

[:(!] This place is like a haven for pushers! Pssst, over here, get'cha a taste of this. [}:)]
Let's see, I'll sell a couple of $100 pens, I can pay for the Cactus, Snake, Burl, and that other stuff I'm after....
[:D][:D][:D]
OY,BTW, NP [;)]

[:eek:)] Gary

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />[:(!] This place is like a haven for pushers! Pssst, over here, get'cha a taste of this. [}:)]
Let's see, I'll sell a couple of $100 pens, I can pay for the Cactus, Snake, Burl, and that other stuff I'm after....
[:D][:D][:D]
OY,BTW, NP [;)]

[:eek:)] Gary

I grant you I will try to sell anything that I like!!! So far, though, Don won't sell HIS snakeskins. [:)][:)]

GaryMGg

Originally posted by ed4copies
... So far, though, Don won't sell HIS snakeskins. [:)][:)]
Your OP suggests that may change--Do we see a new item looming on the market horizon? Not that there's anything wrong with that!!! [;)][8D]
[^]
Notice I'm standing at the front of the line [:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
After turning them, I'd LOVE to buy them from Don!!! (Rumor has it he is independently wealthy, tho', unlike ME!!! - very dependently UNwealthy)[:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom