Iceland from Jeff Powell on Triton FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LagniappeRob

LagniappeRob

The blank is Jeff Powell's Iceland #13 from Exotic Blanks. Also the source for the Triton FP kit, and Heritance nib.

Finished in CA - lost count of how many coats. Cured overnight and during the day (put on a coat, go to work, come home, put on another coat, go to bed, etc.)

C&C welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• R94 009.jpg
    R94 009.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 164
  • R94 001.jpg
    R94 001.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 224
  • R94 002.jpg
    R94 002.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 155
  • R94 003.jpg
    R94 003.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 125
  • R94 004.jpg
    R94 004.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well executed Rob!!!

I would like to point out that the "prettiest" part of the pen will face the writer, as he is writing, due to the way the nib was oriented.

To all Newbies, pay attention to this!!! Put the nib into the coupler BEFORE you put the coupler into the pen blank. Make sure the writer will SEE his best pen angle AS he writes. If you are willing to trade out a fountain nib for the rollerball nib, at a show, b certain you have prepared the pen to be a fountain pen, even as you assemble it as a rollerball.

DETAILS make pens more prestigious, and more expensive.

FWIW!!!

Ed

SteveG

Good tip, Ed...most of the time. Unfortunately this "best laid" plan fails for that unique group of writers known as "Lefties":eek::biggrin:

Wow, got so wound up in my brilliant comment to Ed, I forgot to address the pen! Very nice work Rob, and beautiful selection on that blank. I was going to buy it at EB, but alas, already taken!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Good tip, Ed...most of the time. Unfortunately this "best laid" plan fails for that unique group of writers known as "Lefties":eek::biggrin:

Wow, got so wound up in my brilliant comment to Ed, I forgot to address the pen! Very nice work Rob, and beautiful selection on that blank. I was going to buy it at EB, but alas, already taken!

aaaahhhhhm\, NO!!

"Blessed are the Left-handed writers for their pens shall be called "Custom"

Top Bottom