Iceberg Acrylic Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I finally got around to completing something. Between work and being out of town on a lot of my off-days, it seems that I have had little time for turning.
This is a kitless in an acrylic called "iceberg", however I think it looks more like grape. Regardless, I really like the material.
It has nickel silver accents on it, which I machined from bar stock on my metal lathe. It uses a #6 nib, and can be filled via cartridge, converter, or eyedropper. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• iceberg.jpg
    iceberg.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 243
  • iceberg3.jpg
    iceberg3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 199
  • iceberg2.jpg
    iceberg2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 187
  • iceberg4.jpg
    iceberg4.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 150
  • iceberg6.jpg
    iceberg6.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 115
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

John, when I see your name on the listing, I know I am in for a treat. This one is excellent. I did note a slight difference in the colors of 'silver' between the clip and your custom made nickel silver accents. I think the photography may tend to highlight those subtle differences, and I do not think it detracts from the overall pen. Nice work!

jalbert

John, when I see your name on the listing, I know I am in for a treat. This one is excellent. I did note a slight difference in the colors of 'silver' between the clip and your custom made nickel silver accents. I think the photography may tend to highlight those subtle differences, and I do not think it detracts from the overall pen. Nice work!

Thanks Steve.
The clip is chrome plated, not nickel silver, which accounts for the difference in finish. I have been working on more "budget friendly" pens for Etsy lately, so I have been using good quality commercial clips rather than handmade ones to cut down on cost. Ideally I'd make them from the same metal as the bands, but handmade clips are too time consuming and costly for me to put on every single pen. Can't have everything, huh?

OZturner

Another Outstanding Pen, John.
Magnificent Blank, Enhanced with your Nickel Silver Rings.
Excellent Profile, and Proportions.
Superb Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

furini

Really nice work. I especially like the metal accents. Never had the nerve to try to incorporate these into my own work....but a few clicks on ebay and the supplies are on their way! Great pen!

Top Bottom