Ice Cream Twist, Texas Root, Italian Resin and Killer Whale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

These were gifts I recently finished for family members.

I call the first one Ice Cream Twist. It was a last minute pour with some left over resin after some clear casts. It was inspired by my youngests love of twist ice cream, finished on a chrome zen.

The second is another chrome zen made from more left over resin. After pouring feather blanks its not uncommon to have a little resin left over to play with, so I mix and pour colors to use it up. Some times I even get a blank worth turning. lol

The third is a Jr Gent made from a Turn Tex Cast blank by Curtis that I picked up at the MPG this year. My picture is poor but the blank was a golden yellow colored Texas root with a deep green alumilite resin.

The fourth is an Amedeo acrylic resin from Exotic Blanks. It was a freebie from one of my orders and requested on this chrome guardian.

The last one is a Kallenshaan Laser blank from Exotic Blanks of a Killer Whale on a satin and chrome elegant sierra with a ca finish.

All comments welcome. I apologize for the last minute poor photos.

Attachments

• twist ice cream zen.jpg
    twist ice cream zen.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 314
  • zen home brew.jpg
    zen home brew.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 255
  • jr texas .jpg
    jr texas .jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 251
  • graduate.jpg
    graduate.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 256
  • whale Sierra.jpg
    whale Sierra.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

nice group O' pens John! I too just purchased one of those Graduates and look forward to making them.
It was a fun pen to make. Im not sold on the body length vs the cap length but I like the magnetic cap function and how the pen shows off more of the blank material rather than a solid metal cap. I prefer the Chrome color on the zens vs this lighter colored plating but it did go well with the Italian resin.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Those are all beautiful. Great work and I love your home brew. I gotta tell ya though, that Ice Cream pen is my FAV!

Top Bottom