Ice Age Majestic!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

A friend from high schools boyfriend loves fountain pens. I went over a ton of options and he really like the gold and rhodium Full sized Majestic. He also liked the mammoth ivory so This is what came out of it.. I am happy with it.

I gave her a really good price ($110.00) because we go so far back and she will advertise for me.

What would you guys charge for something like this?

As always comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

P.S I forgot to get bushings so I did this partially blind and with gent bushings :eek: LOL..

Attachments

• mammothivory_majestic 001.jpg
    mammothivory_majestic 001.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 230
  • mammothivory_majestic 008.jpg
    mammothivory_majestic 008.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 322
  • mammothivory_majestic 012.jpg
    mammothivory_majestic 012.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 151
  • mammothivory_majestic 017.jpg
    mammothivory_majestic 017.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 125
  • mammothivory_majestic 019.jpg
    mammothivory_majestic 019.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 113
  • mammothivory_majestic 020.jpg
    mammothivory_majestic 020.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 143
  • mammothivory_majestic 021.jpg
    mammothivory_majestic 021.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 122
  • mammothivory_majestic 022.jpg
    mammothivory_majestic 022.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 141
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Nice job Brian! I think you could sell it for at least $150 But still not bad, I mean, its two tubes and wood and a finish. So really, you made what? Around $70 bucks off the deal? Probably took ya an hour, maybe hour and a half? Nice job by the way!

wiset1

The full sized Majestics really make a statement and this looks great! Not having bushings and turning out a pen like this shows your talent. Well done

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I think I forgot to ad that the blank is an ice age mosaic with real mammoth ivory. I have about $75-$80 into it.

$80 for the blank. $55 for the kit (I just looked it up on PSI website since I was unfamiliar with the kit). $135 in cost before you include your time, sand paper, glue, etc. Yah, you gave her a really good price.

When I was making/selling pens I would charge 3 * (blank + kit costs) + $10 for incidentals. Based on that I would put this pen out there for $415. And it is certainly pretty enough and unique enough to pull in that kind of price around here. Or (if I misunderstood you and it was $80 total cost) then the minimum would be $250. But with the story, I'd try for more.

USAFVET98

No, I have about $80.00 total into the pen.. LOL

I think I forgot to ad that the blank is an ice age mosaic with real mammoth ivory. I have about $75-$80 into it.

$80 for the blank. $55 for the kit (I just looked it up on PSI website since I was unfamiliar with the kit). $135 in cost before you include your time, sand paper, glue, etc. Yah, you gave her a really good price.

When I was making/selling pens I would charge 3 * (blank + kit costs) + $10 for incidentals. Based on that I would put this pen out there for $415. And it is certainly pretty enough and unique enough to pull in that kind of price around here. Or (if I misunderstood you and it was $80 total cost) then the minimum would be $250. But with the story, I'd try for more.

nava1uni

I personally think that you undercharged for it, but if you feel comfortable with it then that is all that counts. You mentioned that she will advertise for you. That is fine as long as everyone she tells doesn't want the same good deal.
The pen is beautiful worth at least double what you are charging.

USAFVET98

I personally think that you undercharged for it, but if you feel comfortable with it then that is all that counts. You mentioned that she will advertise for you. That is fine as long as everyone she tells doesn't want the same good deal.
The pen is beautiful worth at least double what you are charging.

Thank you
She is a good friend and she knows to tell people it was $250.00-$300.00

wiset1

Either way, it's an awesome pen that went to a friend so looking at cost, under cost, or Free is totaly acceptable. Love the pen

Top Bottom