IAP "Collective" pen (repost... sorta)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
This pen is the culmination of tons of learning thanks to IAP! Every single modification I did to this pen, I learned here. The re-modifications, Also learned here. IAP was the source for models, inspirational words, techniques, material ideas, and design. In essence, IAP built this pen, It was just my hands.

I would like to directly thank The Cat, The Rat, Apple320, The Italian, Lou, Don, Butch, two Freds, Ernie, Gary, Turbowagon, and The Princess and Mr. Ed (NOT the horse:biggrin:). I know i forgot some people, and for that I am sorry. It would be impossible for me to list everyone that has helped me along the way.

Anyway...... Here it is... In all it's glory...

Rhodium JG fountain pen.
Closed end
Custom centerband trim ring
Custom (recently redone THANKS TURBOWAGON!) wafer style finial
Heritage FS nib.

wetsanded to 12K MM, and lightly buffed.

All comments welcome.. Good or bad!

Attachments

• 1_tribute_pen_open_finished.jpg
    1_tribute_pen_open_finished.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 465
  • 1_tribute_pen_closed_finished.jpg
    1_tribute_pen_closed_finished.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 379
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
PS. This is also the pen that i recently asked for CB threaded insert help with. The original insert went from threads, to a plastic spring so i had to replace it. While i had the cap apart, I redid the finial after reading the tutorial on thin finials. Luckily i had just enough of the trustone left to make one last finial. The old finial was about 3/8" taller than the hardware.

Jon-wx5nco

Ron,
You are now one of the Masters. Too bad you don't live closer to Tulsa so you can teach me!
That is a beautiful pen.

RAdams

Banned
Thanks all! It was a challenge on many levels. This is my first custom CB, my second finial (The first being the one i replaced from this pen), and my fourth or fifth closed end.

I also forgot to mention, the material is White horse Jasper trustone. I got it at exoticblanks if memory serves me correctly.

RAdams

Banned
Very nice pen Ron, keep up the spectacular work

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I feel like the nerdy kid at school when the head cheerleader says hello. Thank you for the absolutely day making compliment! I will be going to the shop with a big smile tonight!

David Keller

That's a really nice looking pen. The mods are beyond my current skill level, and you've pulled them off beautifully.

RAdams

Banned
David, you are too kind! These mods are not beyond anyones skill level. They are suprisingly easy to do in fact!! They just take a little extra time, and some thought (DEEP thought on my account). When you get the shop finished up, I will have to come show ya how easy they really are!!

Hey Phillip, What is Amy award? Do i get a prize??:biggrin:

Top Bottom