I thought it would look cool....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mbroberg

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
But I was wrong.

I've had my Pen wizard close to a year but have never had time to play with it. This weekend I decided to give it a test drive. I like making one-piece slimlines and thought I'd make an eight-sided one from Turkish Walnut. Everything went pretty well. I felt pretty good about my first "Pen Wizard" pen. I took it in to show my wife. She gave it a glance and declared, "It looks like a pencil". :eek: Darn!! She was right!! :frown: Oh well, maybe next time I'll try a rope twist or some diamonds.

Attachments

• slimline.jpg
    slimline.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 390
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bensoelberg

Sounds like your wife is similar to mine. More than once, I've come out if the garage with something that I thought was a masterpiece and she was nice enough to point out why it wasn't. Looking at it from her perspective, I can't help but admit that she's always right. I guess that's how we stay grounded. On the other hand, when I make something that she likes, I know I've sine something special.

BSea

I can always count on my wife for an honest (sometimes brutal) evaluation of my pens. But I can't be as honest with the "Do these jeans make me look fat?" questions. Wonder why that is?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Mike,
Consider the Rinehart--the hex center looks good with the faceted cut.

OR, the pen wiz does a great job of making diamond shapes in wood or acrylic (I used off white acrylic, often). Fairly easy to fill--neat look.

Didn't sell for spit!!! But I thought it was neat.

They WERE fun to make!!! try it!!

Top Bottom