I think I'm starting to get an ego

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Because I know this one came out AWESOME :biggrin:

Ok, had to deflate my enlarged cranium:doctor:

Here we have a full size Rhodium Gent RB on a 1off blank of my creation. I reverse painted the blank a nice medium blue (which can be seen in certain spots on the pen). I wanted to try and incorporate more colors in the blank. I'm extremely happy with how it came out! Finish is MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. And like any proud papa I took plenty of pics :biggrin:

102_3205550x700.jpg
102_3226548x700.jpg
102_3218587x700.jpg
102_3233596x700.jpg

Several Closeups:

102_3207651x700.jpg
102_3223700x646.jpg
102_3236700x664.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MOtrooper

You might have an ego... but based on all the AMAZING pens you and others create from your blanks, you are allowed to have an ego!

omb76

Awesome work Jonathon! I can't wait to start turning some of your other blanks (besides the blue, black, & white - but those make me a lot of $ so I'm not complaining!). It always amazes me to see how they turn out when finished!

ToddMR

Wow I am so not worthy. You do a hell of a nice job on castings. I feel like I am in elementary school compared to your work lol. Exceptional job.

jbswearingen

That reminds me of the storms of Jupiter. I mean that as praise. Wow. That looks AMAZING!

I've seen a few of your examples, turned by you and others here. I'm assuming you sell blanks? Do you have a site listing what you have on hand or do you cast to order?

EarlD

Jonathon, that really, really nice! Hope you display it at the Atlanta meeting next month.
EarlD

hewunch

Personally, I think you need to shave the cb and make a custom finial. But the cast itself is uber cool.

PaulDoug

Well not only do you make beautiful blanks, beautiful pens and beautiful pictures you are also just plain a good person, so you have a right to have an ego!

That is a beautiful own!

t001xa22

Jonathan, this is, to me, one of the most beautiful of your creations. And one of my favorite colors is in the blue ranges, anyway. One question: how do you continue to top perfection? Just sayin'. Sincere congrats on another work of art.

Bill

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the continuing support! It really does mean alot to me and I greatly appreciate it.

To touch on another post that mentions me (in a good way!). It talked about my evolution as a pen maker and blank caster. It made me think back on how I got to where I am. How I got here was not by myself, I got here through the support and knowledge of the wonderful members here of IAP. You can surmise to say that I am a product of the IAP. I took a weekend turning class back in Sept. 09. I learned EVERYTHING else by reading what others have done before me. Yes I put my own spin and personality into it, but the basic how to's are out there for anyone and everyone. I taught myself how to cast by reading and trial and error. So I guess what I'm trying to say is this. THANK YOU IAP :biggrin: Members here are always willing to go out of their way to help and mentor those just starting out.

That reminds me of the storms of Jupiter. I mean that as praise. Wow. That looks AMAZING!

I've seen a few of your examples, turned by you and others here. I'm assuming you sell blanks? Do you have a site listing what you have on hand or do you cast to order?

Thanks! I sent you a PM with selling details so this wouldn't become an ad.

Jonathon, that really, really nice! Hope you display it at the Atlanta meeting next month.
EarlD

Thanks Earl! It'll be there unless someone shells out some $ for it! If that happens I'll just make another. Btw, I'm almost ready to ship out your box of goodies!

Personally, I think you need to shave the cb and make a custom finial. But the cast itself is uber cool.

Thanks Hans, and I agree. I gave it some serious thought on going double closed end or finial and other mods. Reason for not doing atleast the finial is the leftover blank didn't have much color to it, just plain white so I didn't think it would look any good.

Jonathan, this is, to me, one of the most beautiful of your creations. And one of my favorite colors is in the blue ranges, anyway. One question: how do you continue to top perfection? Just sayin'. Sincere congrats on another work of art.

Bill

Thanks Bill! I'm really proud of how it came out myself. As for your question...sometimes while I'm in the middle of casting I'll have an idea pop in my head so I give it a go. Trust me, there are ones that never see daylight once I've turned them. This one just happened to be a pure winner! And for some reason I tend to gravitate to blues, it's not even my fav color....go figure.

All your pens are gorgeous, fabulous, incredible!!! Your photos are to die for, yep you can have an ego!! LOL

Thanks Toni! I can say the exact same thing right back to ya. Don't really have an ego though...wouldn't know what to do with it if I had one :biggrin:

t001xa22

Jonathan, your comments about being a product of this organization really hit home to me. I have only been here a few months, and I can't believe just how much I've picked up and learned from so many other folks here. It was highly recommended to me by some folks at my local Woodcraft store that I look into IAP, and I am so glad that I did. I am convinced that the Woodcraft folks knew I would be doing even more business with them when I learned how to do more things, thanks to this group. So, as with you, I thank everyone here in this great place called IAP for all the help.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great on the front page :biggrin:

Nice work, Jonathon. It's been just a couple days shy of a year since your last front page. It's hard to resist you work and photography.

Brooks803

Looks great on the front page :biggrin:

Nice work, Jonathon. It's been just a couple days shy of a year since your last front page. It's hard to resist you work and photography.

WoHoo!! Thanks Jeff!!!! :biggrin: I just showed my wife and she said the same thing about making the front page a year ago. Now ya got me rethinking if I shoulda kept this one for the Best of IAP contest :rolleyes:

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support! Yall are the greatest!

Top Bottom