I think I got it ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Grizz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizz

Banned
Here is a little experiment with logo's on wooden pens. This is an Atlas Pen, I have plenty of barrels but no kits. Woodcraft was out of them when in my visit today. But that wasn't going to stop my idea from being tried. Bad photo... one day I'll put together a photo curtain thingy.

20081145130_IAP%20Experiment%203.jpg

20081145154_IAP%20Experiment.jpg
[:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Grizz,
From what I can see it looks promising. It laid down OK and stayed throughout the process? What did you put on top of the sticker? CA, lacquer, etc?

Grizz

Banned
Originally posted by stevers
<br />Grizz,
From what I can see it looks promising. It laid down OK and stayed throughout the process? What did you put on top of the sticker? CA, lacquer, etc?

Oh, I forgot to put that in there. It is not a 'sticker' officially. It is a decal using some new Testors transparent custom decal system. Very, Very thin stuff. I first used CA over top and let it dry/cure, put the decal on and then another coat of CA on top.

stevers

Thanks Grizz. I meant to say decal. I have been fallowing this topic with others also. They called them slide decals or wet slide decals. Like we used to put on model cars back in the day.

Grizz

Banned
Originally posted by stevers
<br />Thanks Grizz. I meant to say decal. I have been fallowing this topic with others also. They called them slide decals or wet slide decals. Like we used to put on model cars back in the day.

That would be it, the old fashion model decals. But with this you print your own. Then spray a 'bonder' on top to seal in the colors. I did a few other "pen size" decals to try but not done them yet. Our church logo, a picture of my son shooting hoops, Superman Shield etc.

Grizz

Banned
I would think that most Hobby stores would have it. I got mine at Hobby Lobby. I've not looked but the Testors site should have them as well.
www.testors.com

I paid $10.00 for six sheets that are 5.5" x 8.5". You'll also need the bonding spray, I paid $4.00 for it.

Good Luck

Grizz

Banned
Gee, did I let the cat out of the bag or something? Was this some secret for some penturners? If so, I'm sorry about that.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by Grizz
<br />Gee, did I let the cat out of the bag or something? Was this some secret for some penturners? If so, I'm sorry about that.

Wow... relax... was just linking to a pen I did with a decal so you could read that post and maybe get some more information from there..

OK... you invented it.
uhoh%20rolling%20eyes%20smiley.gif

<br />But that wasn't going to stop <b>my idea</b> from being tried.

It's been around for a long time, just FYI

Grizz

Banned
Originally posted by Marc Phillips
<br />
<br />Gee, did I let the cat out of the bag or something? Was this some secret for some penturners? If so, I'm sorry about that.

Wow... relax... was just linking to a pen I did with a decal so you could read that post and maybe get some more information from there..

OK... you invented it.
uhoh%20rolling%20eyes%20smiley.gif

<br />But that wasn't going to stop <b>my idea</b> from being tried.

It's been around for a long time, just FYI

No need for you to get all sarcastic with me. I was actually responding to an email I received from someone who said that a few people were upset. I was apologizing, not bragging.

DozerMite

Banned
Why would someone get upset?

It's been posted before and that is what it's all about... sharing ideas.
I've picked up a lot of information from everyone here.[;)]

Great people, Great place![;)][:D]

Grizz

Banned
Originally posted by DozerMite
<br />Why would someone get upset?

It's been posted before and that is what it's all about... sharing ideas.
I've picked up a lot of information from everyone here.[;)]

Great people, Great place![;)][:D]

Well, that's what I was wondering. Why someone would be upset. That's why I came to this site... that this is the best place to learn about pen making.

In my attempt of an apology was not to ruffle feathers... guess I didn't do that right either. Oh well, live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom