I think I beat Marshall to putting a clip on my kitless clicks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crabcreekind

crabcreekind

Ok, where do i start. For the top piece, i drill it with a d bit. Then tapped the click mechanism 7x.75. Then i made the tenon which was 8mm and then threaded that. As you can see, it is off center and super thin, because light is coming through it.. lol. Then the main body i drilled with a j bit. Then i recessed the top with my 27/64 colt bit, which is flat on the bottom. So it worked out good. Then i tapped it with 8x.75. Then the other side was also tapped with 8x.75. Then the nose cone was made, tenon is 8mm and threaded. Then, i put all the pieces together, and turned it. As it being black, it is very hard to get it perfect, but it is very good. After it was all polished it dremel out the slot for the clip to fit in. My first time for that, I went slow and checked it alot. I didnt want to mess up 5 hours of works for 1 second of stupidness with the dremel. So what do you guys think? C&C welcome

Attachments

• 100_6889.jpg
    100_6889.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 100_6891.jpg
    100_6891.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 286
  • 100_6892.jpg
    100_6892.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 291
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Nicely done, James. I like it a lot!

Now is the time to "remake" this pen using the Pilot G2 roller ball refill instead of the Schmidt Parker Style. Exactly the same techniques you used just slightly longe.

That should make you the first here to make and photo a componentless click roller ball.

Nice JOB!

watch_art

That's AWESOME!

You know what would be cool?
Put the clip the wrong way on - upside down by the nib end - like the Pilot Vanishing Points. That would be wicked!

crabcreekind

I never thought of the clip being on the nib end. That would be very cool. Penman, I think that is a awesome idea! I think i will try that!

Mapster

James you sure did beat me to it! Very cool pen... I have to say, personally, I think the proportions are a little off, too much material above the clip before the click mechanism, to round on the nose cone end. Other than that, well done! You are learning well my friend!

Top Bottom