I think I am improving

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CrazyBear

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyBear

Thanks to Wolfdancer for the Hoduras Rosewood Burl and to DC Bluesman for the Upgrade Gold Baron. I think they look well together.

1195778675.JPG

I will get the CA finish and the Photography right yet.

Your comments are appreciated

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CrazyBear

Thanks for the nice words all.

As for matching the centreband width, I tried taking the lowere barrell down to fit inside the CB on my first attempt at this style and it looked like a popsicle.[:D][:D]

Now I work both on the mandrell till they are close to the correct width then take out the middle bushing and butt the barrells together where they meet at the middle. Then turn down to the desired thickness.This makes sure both barrells are the identical width

Then its simply straght in with my parting tool ( which is slightly narrower than the CB)on the join. Finish off by slightly turning in on the bottom barrell. This makes sure I have a snug fit at the shoulder of the lower barrell where it meets the CB.

I cant make enough of these in this wood. My sister in law has opened up a shop and asked for some pens to sell. I keep selling the ones I make before they get to her. [:I][:I][:I]

If you havent tried this Honduras Rosewood burl. Try it. The smell when you are working is brilliant and even I cant make a bad pen out of it. [:D][:D][:D]

hughbie

Hugh, from one Hugh to another (and there aren't that many of us, ya know) .....WOW WOW WOW!
I loved what you did with the lower barrel and the centerband. I'm a lot like you when it come to the european....just didn't like the two levels of wood. I hope you don't mind me using that idea when i go to turn another european.

FANTASTIC

drayman

i do it that way hugh,i find it easier. question though, is the clip on the european bent or is it my ruddy eyesight! great looking pens by the way.[^]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom