I was to stubborn to give up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Snazzypens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snazzypens

Here is the result of my pen that kept blowing out as my lathe played up. She was to nice not to persevere I am showing this as a thank you to everyone that helped me try to work out why my lathe was not turning square. I did end up with a brilliant pen. Here she is after 7 blow out and reglue. My ebony pen. She is really beautiful in the light. I can't capture it with the camera. when you turn it like opal the colours keep changing. Very pretty wood indeed.

2006102413218_one%20side%20ebony%20cigar.jpg

20061024132127_other%20side.jpg

and this one you can see some just how much worse for wear she is but the wood was just to nice. I love this wood. This when I am trying to show you the grain in this pen. My husband loves it.

20061024132219_close%20up%20of%20ebony%20cigar.jpg

I do look forward to your reply even though the pen not the best but I am so chuffed to finally have my lathe fixed and to have this pen at the end of it all. It was going to be my PITH pen but not with all the chips out of it. Back to the drawing board again for that one
Toni

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jahlg

never give up on something you love!! Looks good, i have had my share of blowouts, very frustrating, i usually just turn the lathe off and walk away for a few!!

Snazzypens

done the bearings and a bent mandrel all combination. For some reason all the oil spat out the bearings. Hubby said it probably our Dry heat out here
bye Toni[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom