See more from toolcrazy

toolcrazy

I made two more....
20085553747_antler_copper_front.jpg

And the second....
20085553830_antler_silver_front.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

Those look good. I normally turn the upper barrel of a cartridge pen slightly proud of the case head (in a shape like you did in the second pen). I find this tends to hide any small non-concentricities that may exist. Your first one looks interesting though. Turning the upper barrel a bit shy of the case head definitely makes the rim stand out.

Regards,
Eric

dlindquist

They are very cool. Where do you sell them? I had the brilliant idea of making them and selling them at a gun show here in TX. I made about 40, and only sold one, during a two day gun show. I did sell a few others, but overall, it was a bust, especially with the shell casing pens. So thats why I was curious where you sell. Do you have a website. I especially like the copper.

bitshird

Steve, Congratulations, I bought 3 of the cartridges from Gary Max and gave one away sold one and have the last one done, but I haven't seen them go flying out like I thought they would, I think those pens are cool as h#ll and around here if you're over 10 you hunt deer.
I really like the shape of the second pen, ;);)

toolcrazy

Originally posted by dlindquist

They are very cool. Where do you sell them? I had the brilliant idea of making them and selling them at a gun show here in TX. I made about 40, and only sold one, during a two day gun show. I did sell a few others, but overall, it was a bust, especially with the shell casing pens. So thats why I was curious where you sell. Do you have a website. I especially like the copper.
Yes, I have a website. http://handmade-pens.com I also offer web hosting and site design. (shameless plug):D

I put it up on the site, then about a week later, I sold it. Kinda cool.

I have read that some members have had no luck selling cartridge pens at gun shows. Attendees are there to buy guns not pens. Well, at least that is what I read.

toolcrazy

Originally posted by bitshird

Steve, Congratulations, I bought 3 of the cartridges from Gary Max and gave one away sold one and have the last one done, but I haven't seen them go flying out like I thought they would, I think those pens are cool as h#ll and around here if you're over 10 you hunt deer.
I really like the shape of the second pen, ;);)

The first pen is made from the same 2 point rack as my first pen. The second is made from a spike, so I couldn't get rid of the outer part, but it looks cool.

altaciii

I just made two more today to put on my website. I have sold 45 to one rancher engraved with his ranch name made from antlers from his ranch. He gives them out as parting gifts to the paying hunters that go there. I also have found that that type of sale is best for these types of antler pens. Still can't keep them in stock. They are pretty good sellers in South Texas.

toolcrazy

Originally posted by Sylvanite

Originally posted by toolcrazy

I couldn't get rid of the outer part...
Hmmm, and I thought you did that on purpose. Actually, a lot of people like a little bark showing. It adds authenticity to the antler.

Well, I kinda didn't mind the bark. I wasn't worried about it showing. thx

Top Bottom